Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90% of Roku channels not working

Jump to solution

For the last 3 days 90% of Roku channels are not working...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

I suggest making a quick search for a thread that deals with The Roku Channel on the devices themselves. I think there might be a recent one, but am not certain. If there's nothing recent, then yes you should create a new thread. The reason for that is having a fresh thread that is specific to your issue will provide a much better and accurate level of responses.

As to TRC itself, I don't use it often but I did test it last week when someone else was reporting a problem and it was working fine on my devices. I just tested it on my Premiere 3920 and the first video I tried played fine. But that's only a single data point, so it's best to get more feedback, especially directly from the Roku support staff here. We all here want to help you and make it work for you. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The Roku Channel is not working on Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi @Isola_60185,

Saw your post!

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community. We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on The Roku Channel.

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue. In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • a specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • where are you currently located

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

The Roku Channel is not working on Roku devices

Jump to solution

@Isola_60185 I have to retract at least part of what I said. I see now that this thread originated for issues with The Roku channel on the devices. Someone edited the subject line (or the moderators merged a thread) to talk about the web based version of the channel. So this thread was actually an acceptable place for your post. 

If the moderators merged two threads, that shouldn't have happened, since it is two different topics. If someone posted about the web version and changed the subject line from the original, that shouldn't have happened either. Since I'm not a moderator here, I can't alter the subject line on any posts other than my own. But bottom line you posted in a perfectly acceptable location. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Isola_60185
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is happening on multiple devices. Here are specs for the one I'm currently using.

Hisense model 6Series-43

Hardware ID: G209x

Serial #: x0190027gm35

Software ver: 11.50 build 4312-CH

Device ID: S08K2277GM35

As I mentioned earlier, only the Roku Channel and Roku Live are affected all other channels work fine. All the content is available but when you click play or try to view a channel, nothing happens.

Roku channel version 8, Build 72

Issue Id 35-159-276

I'm located in Illinois. Metronet is my ISP

Thanks for looking at this.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Isola_60185,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

Rest assured that I have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WubbleGubble
Streaming Star

Programs On ROKU Channel Will Not Stream

Jump to solution

Over the course of the last week I am unable to view ANYTHING on ROKU Channel.

ALL other streaming services work without a hitch.

I have NO VPN.

I AM in the U.S.

Here is how I have attempted to correct the problem without luck:

a) Rebooted Core Router. (NO CHANGE)

b) Rebooted DSL Router. (NO CHANGE)

c) Software Rebooted ROKU device. (NO CHANGE)

d) Completely Dis-connected & Re-connected ROKU Device. (NO CHANGE)

e) I Have Removed ROKU Channel: Then Rebooted The ROKU Device: Then Added ROKU Channel. (NO CHANGE)

f) I Have Checked For Software Updates. (NO CHANGE)

g) Ran ROKU Connection Check: Connection Check Was Successful.

I have no further ideas to restore functionality, if someone has an idea I would be thankful for your time.

Beatel
Channel Surfer

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

Same problem here started this week. One Roku TV and two Roku streaming sticks. All three devices will not play, when I click on play it just reloads the screen on shows, movies, the live channels do not play either.

All have up to date software, system restarted and reconnected to internet. Nothing has worked. Really funny how all three all stopped working at the same time. 

None of my other streaming services are affected, Hulu, Pluto, etc. Just Roku. 

Device 1:

TCL Roku TV 

Model number: 325327 

Serial number: YK00SL646415 

Device ID: JDS22S646415

Software OS/Version: 11.5.0 build 4312-48

Device 2:

Streaming stick 4K

Model Number: 3820RW

Serial Number: X01700YKFDKE

Device ID: S09041CKFDKE

Software/version: 11.5.0 build 4312-CU

Device 3:

Streaming stick 4

Model Number: 3820RW

Serial Number: X01700L4GJ43

Device ID: S0904274GJ43

Software/version: 11.5.0 4312-CU 

Beatel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update to my post. I do not get the Roku Live Channels either. I was mistaken in thinking I was getting them still.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for reporting and sharing your observation about the issue you are experiencing when accessing the content on The Roku Channel.

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate Roku team is working diligently to resolve the issue. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community and thanks for your kind understanding and patience while we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos