Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abu2013
Reel Rookie

Channelstore shows Tablo TV installed, but does not appear on stick

I installed Tablo TV (for Tablo white 4th gen) via the online ChannelStore, but when I go to the stick it does not appear. Attempting to add channel from stick only give me the old Tablo app (for Tablo black). I have tried update, system restart, and factory reset. After logging in all my apps appear except for Tablo TV. Again according to ChannelStore it is installed on stick. And yes I can add other channels through the Channelstore and they do appear on my stick.

Any help or suggestion would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channelstore shows Tablo TV installed, but does not appear on stick

Hi @abu2013,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there's anything else that we can do to assist you, please keep us posted.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@abu2013, what's the model number and software version of your Roku device as displayed under Settings->System->About?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
abu2013
Reel Rookie

Sorry I should have included this with the question.

Roku Stick Model 3500X

Software 11.0.0 build 4195.09

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@abu2013-

For what it's worth ...

The Roku 3500 was released ten years ago in 2014.  It was replaced by the 3600 two years later.  Roko support for the 3500 ended in 2022 (8 years, a pretty good run) with the release of Roku 11.5, as the last Roku version it can run is 11.0.  Roku is currently rolling out version 12.5.5.

You may load any app into your Roku account that is released for your geographical region, but it will only download them, or show them in the Channel Store when viewed on your device, if the app is compatible with your device.

I think it's likely the latest Tablo app requires features and/or capabilities added to Rokus in the last ten yesrs.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
abu2013
Reel Rookie

Indeed the old Roku 3500 has had a long life. I bought the Roku Streaming Stick 4K and was able to see Tablo TV app.

I suggest Roku might have page showing devices that have reached EOL.

Thank you for the information. Now back to my tv program.

0 Kudos
renojim

They do have a page, but it's part of the developer documentation:

Hardware specifications | Roku Developer

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.