Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

Please calm down, they didn't get rid of CLOC. Roku removed all non-certified channels from their platform. CLOC Private happened to be one of those. I'm sure @renojim will fix the official CLOC eventually. in the mean time the clock on it does still work. 

As for those DNS requests. Those have to do with the advertisements being fed to your Roku.  Many by Roku themselves but I suspect they aren't the only ones doing it. oh and don't expect better for the DNS requests with a Fire TV device. Amazon tries to constantly feed Fire TV devices with advertisements. so does Google with any Android TV device that uses the Google TV interface. 

Re: Channel access | CLOC screensaver removal

Thank you Jim. I miss weather display, I would pay to get it back

bellsfolly83
Binge Watcher

Thanks, Jim.  As of this morning, my old first-gen Ultra is still displaying CLOCPRI with the weather information Smiley Surprised so I'm riding that puppy into the sunset! Smiley LOL

Will switch to the "channel version" once it goes away.  And hopefully see some news from you in the future regarding a restored and weather-featured CLOC.

Thanks so much for providing us with such a fantastic screensaver for YEARS.  Just want to reiterate that I would be happy to pay for the new one.  Like others, I would prefer a one-time charge...but I subscribe to one of the weather channels at something like $3.99 a year, so that would be fine with me, as well.  Preferable to the .99 a month thing, anyway. Just my two pesos Smiley Tongue

All the best,

Mark

junkmail
Binge Watcher

I AM CALM!... Lol. Thanks for your reply. 

I suppose the solution is to build my own streaming device with  a raspberry pie. 

I am not tethered to my phone especially when I am at home. I live on the ocean where the weather changes fast and I like to keep an eye on it as cloc has previously provided. I glance at it several times a day. 

Here are my current stats on pi blocked domains requests.

Scribe.logs.roku 25036

Api.us...      4335

Unified bidding... 1008

So Roku outdoes the next 20 high requests all by itself. This is uncalled for and unneeded. Look at the data of your own system. I believe in science and I believe in data.  This is Data I was totally unaware of. Roku has gone to far IMHO. Sort of sneaky. YMMV.

0 Kudos
ele
Reel Rookie

> Please calm down, they didn't get rid of CLOC.

They most certainly did get rid of Cloc!

> in the mean time the clock on it does still work. 

Wut?  There is no clock, because Cloc is gone.  Gone, removed, pulled, yanked, missing.  Pining for the fjords!

Like others, I eagerly await a return of an "approved" Cloc and hope for a one-time payment.

mrdctaylor
Binge Watcher

Nope.  The original CLOC is still there.  Scroll through available screensavers and it is there.  The PRIVATE version is what is gone.  Unfortunately only the time functionality works in this version--not the weather functionality.

meebzorp
Streaming Star

I think some people are confused because only the private CLOC is gone.

I'm using the standard CLOC, but it literally is only a clock, no weather info Smiley Sad

So how do they get Teflon to stick to the pan?
0 Kudos
tjs1200

Jim,

I agree with others that I would pay for CLOCPRI, it was nice to have that information readily available, one of the few screensavers that provided something informative.  I will follow this post for updates on the progress of the ROKU approved version.  

Sad that ROKU has made it difficult for customers to have a screensaver of their choosing. 

wildsprite
Roku Guru

@ele wrote:

> Please calm down, they didn't get rid of CLOC.

They most certainly did get rid of Cloc!

> in the mean time the clock on it does still work. 

Wut?  There is no clock, because Cloc is gone.  Gone, removed, pulled, yanked, missing.  Pining for the fjords!

no, it is not, search CLOC in the channel store CLOCKPRI is gone CLOC official is not. though it has not been properly updated for a while it is still there and as I said, the clock works. 

0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

@meebzorp wrote:

I think some people are confused because only the private CLOC is gone.

I'm using the standard CLOC, but it literally is only a clock, no weather info Smiley Sad

it  used to have all the info the private version had. the private version had a clock chime. that was the only thing added to it. I'm hoping he will let us have the main features back for free. 

0 Kudos