Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

Notice my one set (40") remained at the 3x3 (3 columns) format for several days (on the 3820) stick where my larger set (46") went to a 4x4 (4 columns) (3900 box).  A few days back the 3820 went to the new format for a couple days & now has reverted back to the 3 column today, but now the continue watching is gone with no option to turn back on, & the search function is basic with no history or favorites.  My 3900 on my larger set still remains at 4 columns. Still both units at 12.0.0 Revision.  Actually at first as the TV size is set it was a default to depend on the size of the TV, & be different for that reason. 

The 3 & 4 icon column would be a nice option switch, but i found it strange that it is changing back and forth on it's own.  

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bismarck318,

Thanks for the post.

In the next update, there will be user preference settings regarding the channel tile options with sizes and columns. In addition to that, there will be an option with the "continue watching" feature to be set as visible or not on the Roku platform. Once the update is rolled out, those options with the features will be available to be managed.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

Mine was always 4 across but the boxes were bigger and the ad to the right was smaller. 

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Was curious why (or how) this changes (and sometimes back & forth) with no software update.  It appears to be independent of the software version. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @Bismarck318!

We appreciate you sharing your insights. Please be aware that Roku streaming TVs and devices are gradually upgrading the operating systems automatically to fix minor bugs or upgrade the features. This is why you can see changes on your home screen or observe different features.

Let us know if you have further clarifications or observations. We'd be glad to know.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
halk_sa
Reel Rookie

It seems we got smaller Icons in favor of a larger ADVERSTISMENT panel to the right.

Its sucks.

I have my TV inputs now forced into a separate icon and it just takes me longer to switch over, why force people to do more work?

It's obvious you want to increase your Ad revenue, but it shouldn't be at the customer's inconvenience.

Change it back or allow us to change it.

Stop forcing changes on us!

halk_sa
Reel Rookie

BTW I have a small little 24 inch 720p Tv.

Larger TV's might not be concerned with smaller Icons.

I don't see the reason why it was even done except for Bigger Ad panel! 😡

fawnmc
Reel Rookie

Please add me to the growing list of unhappy folks that the icons are smaller.   If you are going to be "in charge" of my TV, please let me know and I'll send you my bills.  I love not having cable, but the smaller icons have got to go.  

halk_sa
Reel Rookie

And when will this next update occur?

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community, @halk_sa!

We actually don't have any information yet regarding this matter. You can always check for system updates on your Roku streaming device/TV from time to time by navigating to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > System > System update > Check Now. 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address or feel free to create a new thread for different concerns. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos