Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LabLand
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

Please add me to the list of people who want the 3x3 Home Screen back.  Or the option to switch between 3x3 and 4x4.  

Tom

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LabLand,

We appreciate you for taking your first post in the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. No worries, we'll take this feedback and raise this concern with the developer for documentation.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

0 Kudos
Vedarowe

I do NOT like these tiny icons. CHANGE IT BACK or at least make the size an option!!!

You should consider ALL of your customers.....

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Vedarowe,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and insight with us regarding Roku's interface. We'll make sure to forward this to the team so it can be reviewed for consideration. We understand that user preference is an important aspect when streaming, and we always aim to provide the best streaming experience.

If there's anything we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for support.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Surjit

I totally agree with everyone on this forum that this unnecessary change, without options to revert back to previous size is a change looking for problem to solve. I hope the next update fixes this very irritating issue. Otherwise, very disappointing. 

tiredmouse

It’s been nearly two months, yet despite several mods saying you’re listening and will look into this, still no option to revert to how it always was. No one is asking you to make anything new, simply to allow a choose between the old UI and this new one. I have loved Roku TVs, and recommended them to many friends and family, but this new change (while seemingly minimal) is a drastic difference. I might as well be trying to read the icons on a fire tv at this point. For anyone with a tv under 55” who sits more than a foot or two away (which I’d bet is actually the majority of your customer base), this new change makes the screen much harder to navigate. I have 9 icons on my main setup, many people don’t actually use 20+ different streaming services, and even so, anyone with even slight vision difficulties is affected by this. Your customers with larger screens may have been annoyed by how much they had to scroll, but it wasn’t presenting any actual accessibility issues the way it was before. Changing to meet only those customers needs, while disregarding everyone else, has clearly created an accessibly issue for previously loyal customers, not just a minor annoyance. I even have to squint to see my decent sized tv at a near difference - my older family members with aging eyes can’t see it at all. You need to create a CHOICE between the UI that you’ve had for years now, which many loved, and this new one, which many hate. Not simply say “we’ll work on it”, and never take any other action.  

gregbutler_20
Reel Rookie

I found this thread while googling this issue. I'm in the same boat. I want the icons changed back or an option to change it back. Ridiculous. I wish more developers allowed us to "preview" these changes first and then collect feedback, rather than make the change first and see how much backlash there is.

I agree. Channel icons are too small and hard to read. Congratulations if you have a 70 inch TV. I dont!

0 Kudos
Greeniewolf
Reel Rookie

I’ll make it easy for you Roku devs.

the current design does not meet ada requirements.  Therefore you have five business days to bring it in line by reverting it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.