Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

@56boxersbear Mine was always 3 across,  The ad space appears to remain the same size with the 4 column Icons. 

@halk_sa   As much as we all likely hate the advertising, it's apparently generating revenue sometimes for operation costs for free content.  Now if you are paying for "ad free" or ad's are covering content another issue.   Most of the ad's I see are far from directed at me anyway, & if the ad's get that annoying I'd tend not to patronize the sponsor.   They do become repetitive.

56boxersbear
Binge Watcher

I would rather not have the ad on the right, but I'm not complaining. It's not that intrusive. What I'm talking about is that I don't want the channel icons to be smaller so that ad can be bigger. That's all I'm saying.

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

I looked at both my sets (40" & 46") with the (now both at 4 column layout), appears the screen is divided 55/45 to 60/40 Icons to ad.  

I can see the point is valid for those with a smaller sets this becoming an annoyance with the 4 columns. 

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @56boxersbear and @Bismarck318,

Thanks for sharing your insights with us here in the Roku Community.

Your feedback and suggestions are essential to us. Please know that we hear you and that we value your input. Rest assured, we'll let our appropriate Roku team know about this.

If you have any more concerns or feedback you'd like to raise, please utilize this platform for us to review. We are grateful for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JxLx

Oh @Bismarck318 your Roku was free? I had to pay for mine.

And FYI, Roku Team, the software updated this morning, but I still don't have the option to change my icon size *or* disable the Continue Watching function. Thankfully, there's one benefit to the new NFL season: lots of TVs and streaming devices are on sale, so there's no reason to stick around waiting for you.

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@JxLx  it was a replacement unit for the one that would reboot on startup. 

0 Kudos
AloyHZD
Reel Rookie

The customers demanded this feature from the previous year and since then. This feature has been an issue for other customers like you.”

It’s not your decision, I know, but it seems to me Roku could make everyone happy, if they only felt we deserve to have the option as to which size we want - or need -  our app icons to be. 

So, this must be about something other than making us happy, right? 

With my vision, the smaller icon size (aka cram as many icons in there as possible!) is much more difficult for me. I sometimes have to walk closer to the tv to see what’s what.

harhap
Reel Rookie

I greatly appreciate everyone who has responded to this thread. Thank you all for speaking up about this easily fixable issue.

CLEARLY Roku does not care about the customer to permit us all to adjust our viewing options on our Home screens with smaller channel icons. They could make this a simple fix. They don't wish to make it possible. Seems painfully obvious they are catering to the ads over customers. That's rather sad. Unfortunately, there is no current fix for this.

pkmetal
Reel Rookie

Agree with others that this is a negative change. Please allow us to revert to 3x3.

I also can no longer have my X-Box on home screen but have to pick "TV Inputs" first. There's just no good reason for this. Let me put it back on my Home Screen.

Pearl837
Reel Rookie

I'm another unhappy user.  I prefer the larger icons.  It's very hard to read, even with my glasses.  I think there should at least be options to change back or stay the same.