Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenf67
Reel Rookie

Changing channels in Spectrum app with universal remote

I'm told by Spectrum that their streaming app supports number input from remote controls to change channels. Do current Roku devices that accept IR input from universal remotes pass input from the number and channel up/down buttons to the app? In other words, if I had a Roku Express or Ultra and a universal remote the was designed to work with Roku, would I be able to change channels in the Spectrum app with the number buttons?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Changing channels in Spectrum app with universal remote

Hello! @lenf67,

We're sending you a warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Generally speaking, yes, a universal remote will work on most (not sticks, as they do not have IR sensors). It will depend on the universal remote itself.

For more information, please check this out: How to set up a cable, satellite, or universal remote to control your Roku TV system

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ashrwright

Re: Changing channels in Spectrum app with universal remote

Hello, I see the answer was that universal remote works on most Roku devices - but can the number buttons and channel up/down buttons actually work to control the spectrum app to change channels by pressing "74" to get to channel 74?

0 Kudos