Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect BritBox thru Roku

I have a subscription to BritBox thru 6/23.  For the past month I cannot connect to BritBox--it just bounces the icon page back.  After  hours in chat and finally on the phone with tech at both companies, the consensus was it was a tech problem with BritBox.  Does anyone else have this issue and if so, has it been resolved? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot connect BritBox thru Roku

Hi @joycelloyd2306,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DeeBKNY

I am having the same issue with Britbox.  No other channels (i.e., Netflix, Amazon Prime, Sling).

Britbox initially said it was due to our old Roku2 player .  I purchased a Streaming Stick 4K today, and same issue.   Britbox will not open - it returns to the main Roku screen.

This started on Feb 8 - Feb 9.    My wife emailed Britbox on February 9 about the issue, with the reply of "old Roku2 player".

There was an update at Roku or Britbox that is causing this.

Troubleshooting Tips:

- Deleted channel;  Restarted device; Re-added Channel.   Does not work.     

I tried the "Delete/Restart/Re-add" on the Roku2 and the Streaming Stick 4K.     

Britbox said they still work on the firestick.       If Roku cannot figure this out I'll be moving to the Firestick. 

0 Kudos
DeeBKNY

Update.

Firestick works.   I tried my neighbor's stick on my TV.   

Going out to buy one now because my wife is hooked on the British mystery shows.   

If Britbox and Roku cannot figure this out in the next week we'll be swapping all our Rokus to Firestick.  

0 Kudos
Bij

I have a year subscription through Roku for BritBox.  Unfortunately, I've not been able to get the app to open.  I contacted BritBox technical team and they gave me the message a fix would be coming in weeks to come.  This problem has been since January 2023, nearly 6 months.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bij,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your BritBox channel. We're happy to help. Please follow the steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.

If the problem still persists, you can also check out this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards, 

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos