Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lar4
Reel Rookie

Cannot access Popcornflix

I recently bought the Roku Streaming Stick 4K. I am trying to access Popcornflix without any sucess. All I get is a grey screen. Is their a problem with this channel. Is this channel available in Canada.

12 REPLIES 12
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot access Popcornflix

@Lar4 

Both PopcornFlix and Popcorn Channel should be available in the Roku Channel Store in Canada.

Sometimes, devices from one region do have issue in another region, even with apps/services that appear in both, possibly because the content rights may be different. Did you buy the Roku in Canada, from a Canada source? Was your Roku account ever tied to any device, or originally set up, or even briefly moved, outside Canada?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Lar4
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response.

In answer to your questions, yes I bought the Roku device in Canada at a Canadian source. No the Roku account is not tied to any device and it was never moved outside of Canada. As of today still unable to receive Popcornflix. Do you have any other ideas how to solve this issue.

Lar4
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Lar4 

Based on what you're saying, it's something unusual that would be causing that. You'll probably need @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , @RokuKariza-D to help. They've been tagged and one will likely be in touch soon.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @Lar4

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on the Popcornflix channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lar4
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your response.
The issue only occurs on the Popcornflix channel as of now.
Removed and re-installed the channel according to your instructions and nothing has changed, a grey screen. Do you have any other ideas?
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lar4,

Thanks for the follow up.

Just to confirm, have you restarted your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful?

If yes and if the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Booboomedic
Reel Rookie

I've done everything you've posted and Popcorn Flix just doesn't work. I've got two different Roku systems on two different tvs and it doesn't work on either. It is only the Popcorn Flix channel I've had any problem with. What's next? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Booboomedic

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos