Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryanna
Reel Rookie

Can't play Roku channel on large TV.

My Roku device plays other channels (like You Tube)  but I can't play shows on the Roku Channel.  I've done everything I'm supposed to do, like unplugging devices, restarting the system, cancelling channel and adding it back—but I still can't play titles that show up.  The Roku channel plays on my small computer, but when I remove the internet cable from computer, and move it to Roku device, Roku channel doesn't play on TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Bryanna
Reel Rookie

Why do all channels play for me except the Roku Channel?

I've done everything possible, but can't get the Roku Channel to play.  Other channels work.

My Roku device is for an old fashioned TV.  I used RCA cables. Now I'm using the HDM1 cable connection to a larger flat screen TV.  

As all channels play but the Roku channel, maybe the Roku Channel is not compatible to my Roku device (higher definition or something).

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can't play Roku channel on large TV.

Hi, @Bryanna.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Thanks for informing us about the accessibility issues you're currently experiencing on your Roku device. We'd be happy to help you determine the cause of this. 

Before we proceed, could you please let us know the model of your Roku device and its currently running software version? You may check this under Settings > System > About.

Please be informed that Roku constantly upgrades and updates its system, and the latest software version does not support most of Roku's older models. 

No worries! You may check our support article to help you determine if your current device is still being supported: Roku OS software release notes

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bryanna
Reel Rookie

Hello Carly,

The model number is Roku 2 XS, Model # 3100X  I don't see a software version under "About".  

My Roku device seems to work for all channels except the Roku Channel.

Can you let me know a model which would work that has an ethernet port?

I appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Bryanna
Reel Rookie

Carly,

By the way, my friend has the same Roku device I have, and uses it on an old TV.  Now that I'm using a large Emerson flat screen TV, maybe that's affecting things.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Bryanna.

Thanks for responding and for the additional information. 

Please be advised that the Roku streaming platform constantly updates and upgrades its running software operation, and it seems like your Roku device model 3100X is no longer being supported on the latest version. 

No worries! Here are the Roku streaming devices which support ethernet:

We hope you find this information helpful!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.