Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pauljay57

Can’t exit Curiosity Stream

Each time I open the app (I am not a subscriber, yet) and then want to exit, I can’t find any “exit” option on the main screen. The only way I can get out is by unplugging my roku. Am I just not seeing the option? Where is it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can’t exit Curiosity Stream

@Pauljay57 

Does the Home button on the Roku remote not exit the app?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Pauljay57

Hey, DB, such a simple solution (I’ll try it but I’m sure it’ll work). I have trained myself to look for the exit button and put all other solutions aside. If it doesn’t work I’ll get back to you. Thanks much. But shame on curiosity stream for holding potential subscribers hostage, at least those that can’t come up with a simple solution you did.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Pauljay57 

If the apps are coded to standard, they'll close out gracefully and return to the Home screen.

For what it's worth, I've always exited all apps via the Home button. I don't even bother looking for any exit method. For some apps (not all), exiting via a menu system will also log you out of the app, not simply exit. I've never bothered any other way since I bought my first Roku device in 2010.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Boz
Roku Guru

As already mentioned, the best and easiest way to exit any app/channel is using the home button on the Roku remote.  Another option is pressing the back arrow on the Roku remote, but depending on the app/channel, you might need to do that several times, and also verify the exit.

0 Kudos