Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chipg

The Weather Channel Passwords

Unable to save password on TWC, after signing up for annual subscription. The option to uninstall the app is not available.

13 REPLIES 13
Zagnut103
Reel Rookie

Re: The Weather Channel Passwords

Seeing the same on my ROKU (inability to have the app store credentials) after signing up for the year.  Have to re-enter creds each time.  However, I am able to remove/reinstall the app but that did not solve the issue.

Roku software version 11.0.0 build 4193-50.  Anything else I can try?  It is VERY annoying to have to enter creds each time and god forbid you enter it incorrectly you have to start from scratch again.   

To OP, when you have the application highlighted and you hit the * (asterisk) button on your Roku remote, do you not see the option to 'Remove Channel'?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chipg

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option. 

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Zagnut103

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. 

We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zagnut103
Reel Rookie

UPDATE:

Looks like the process of removing the app, restarting my Roku from the Settings menu, reinstalling the app, and then re-adding my creds had addressed my issue.

Thanks Kariza for the speedy reply much appreciated.

Mph
Reel Rookie

I do not want to cancel my subscription in order to remove the channel. I have restarted the system, refreshed, etc. and the password is not saved

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Mph

Thanks for reaching out.

Please be advised that you won't be charged twice for your subscription as long as you will resubscribe within the membership's validity date. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
burleywright
Reel Rookie

So will I have to go throught the entire process on each TV (I have 5) or just 1?

0 Kudos
Zagnut103
Reel Rookie

Spoke too soon.   The app is now again not saving my credentials.  Went through the remove/restart/re-add process once again to no avail.

Mph
Reel Rookie

I removed the app, restarted etc and it still does not save my password

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.