Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marbelle17
Channel Surfer

Can't Watch The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch on Discovery Plus

I’m not sure what’s going on, but Discovery+ was featuring seasons 1, 2 and 3 for the secret of Skinwalker Ranch, but season 4 is no only available on the history channel. You can stream it through fubo in a couple of other sites, but I am very confused why Discovery+ had it for the first three seasons, but not the 4th

5 REPLIES 5
DiscoverWatcher
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't Watch The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch on Discovery Plus

I think it has always been an effort to make the most money out of those who want to watch it. I was one of those who paid for the whole 3rd season on Amazon's "Prime Video" because I'm totally not cable/no TV provider. Now, a year later, that 3rd season is free on Discovery+. So, maybe if you wait, the 4th will also. Right now you have to pay to see each episode. !!!?

I watched The first 5 episodes of season 4 free on the History channel installed on Roku. But, then the next episodes are requiring a "key" but I don't have a TV-Provider?! 

History channel needs to update itself to make its channel a paid subscription channel like all the others on Roku. Hint Hint, if they are listening.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @marbelle17,

I hope you're doing well.

Please be advised that contents are directly chosen by the respective channel, and we have no control over the programming or operation of it.

We would recommend reaching out to the Discovery+ channel directly for more information and assistance.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Was wondering what in the world is going on. I also watched episodes 1 through 5 streaming on the History channel, and then came to 6, History says, and I quote...

"... We are sorry, bit it seems we do not have access to this content on this particular application. We are working hard to get you access. Please check back soon."

Well what in the heck are they talking about? They already showed episode 1 through 5. How did they do that if they don't have have access to this content? It's stupid, total BS.

0 Kudos

This makes me mad also. One of the reasons I subscribe to Discovery+ is because of this show. If they are going to start this. I will unsubscribe. Done

0 Kudos
Lridley2

I read that the history channel has not made a new agreement with the other channels to continue watching their new content. I believe the issue is with the History channel and not with the others (Discovery+, youtube Tv, etc)

0 Kudos