Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant remove 2 apps from home screen

Jump to solution

How do I remove certain channels from my home screen? I cant remove Big XII (Big 12 sports) nor can I remove Cast TV. Does anyone know the secret how to get rid of these? Please help. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cant remove 2 apps from home screen

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Simplyroger!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to provide steps to help you remove a channel effectively.

When you are ready to remove a channel, determine if the channel has a subscription and whether that subscription has been billed to your Roku account. You can check it through the Roku website under My Subscriptions. 

Remove channels from within your channel lineup.

• Navigate to your Home screen, Move to the right, and highlight the channel you wish to remove; press the Star (*) button on your remote to open the Options menu, Select Remove channel, and confirm when prompted. 

Remove channels from within the Roku Channel Store

• Navigate to your Home screen, select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store, Locate the channel you wish to remove, and press OK. Select remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

For more information and options on removing a channel, you can visit our support article dedicated to this: How to remove channels on from your Roku streaming device 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Simplyroger!

We appreciate you reaching out for support, and we'd be happy to provide steps to help you remove a channel effectively.

When you are ready to remove a channel, determine if the channel has a subscription and whether that subscription has been billed to your Roku account. You can check it through the Roku website under My Subscriptions. 

Remove channels from within your channel lineup.

• Navigate to your Home screen, Move to the right, and highlight the channel you wish to remove; press the Star (*) button on your remote to open the Options menu, Select Remove channel, and confirm when prompted. 

• Navigate to your Home screen, select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store, Locate the channel you wish to remove, and press OK. Select remove channel and confirm the selection when prompted.

For more information and options on removing a channel, you can visit our support article dedicated to this: How to remove channels on from your Roku streaming device 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly wrote:

I've seen this suggested before but whenever I've tried it, it has not worked for me the way it is being described.  I have found no way to remove a channel app from within the Channel Store.

When I locate the channel of interest it has a checkmark superimposed on it to show I have it installed to my account.   But when I highlight the channel and press the OK button I get no option to remove the channel, I only am given the option to Open the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.