Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamsfamily
Reel Rookie

Can't Run Channel Error Message

Jump to solution

Since 12/26/2022 we are getting a "Can't Run Channel" error message. We can't load any of our streaming apps. Have done everything we can to resolve the issue. Manual software update, factory reset, removing apps we don't watch or use. Nothing is fixing the issue!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

We're aware of an issue that was impacting a small subset of Roku TVs. Some users may have seen this error message. We believe the issue is now resolved.

If you're still seeing this issue, follow these steps to check for a system update. If you checked for a system update already, go ahead and try to do so again now.

To check for a system update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > Software update >  Check now.

If you're still seeing an error message after checking for a system update, please let us know here.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Hi! We’re having the same issue. I have no idea what kind of router you’re talking about but we’ve had no issues with any of our other devices connecting, or our other roku tv. We have the 65” Onn 4K QLED UHD smart tv. The serial number is CB211550C65009544. We have the 11.0 software. Our router is adtran 834-5. 

0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with your Roku device where channels are not working properly or are unable to be installed. This can be frustrating, and there could be a few different reasons why this is happening. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection. Make sure that your device and your router are connected to the internet and that you have a strong, stable connection. Restarting your router may also help resolve any connectivity issues.

2. Check for updates. Go to the "Settings" menu on your Roku and select "System update" to see if there are any updates available for your device. If there are updates available, install them and try using the channels again.

3. Restart your device. Sometimes, restarting your device can help resolve performance or connectivity issues.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the channels that are not working properly. To do this, go to the "My channels" menu on your Roku and select the channel you want to remove. From there, you should be able to select "Remove channel" and then install the channel again from the Roku Channel Store.

5. If you are still having difficulty, you may want to contact Roku customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you determine if there is a problem with your device or your account.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve done all of those. It’s literally brand new, out of the box. We JUST plugged it in 15 minutes ago. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@ittybittybenton 

Could be a 5ghz wireless channel issue.  The RokuTV/Roku device cannot see or use DFS channels (52-140).  Since that particular router (Adtran 834-5) is DFS certified, likely that it is configured to use DFS channels.  Either disable DFS in the router, or manually assign a wireless channel number of 36-48, or 149-161 to the 5ghz band and hopefully will resolve issue for you.

You can also try connecting the RokuTV to the 2.4ghz band of your network, or try using a mobile hotspot (if available to you).  Can also try using ethernet if available/convenient.  If any of these other methods work and you are able to connect and stream, then reinforces that the culprit is with the 5ghz settings on your network.

----

On your working RokuTV, go to Settings/Network/About and look for the "Wireless Channel".  If you have a number between 1 and 11, then that TV is connected on the 2.4ghz band.

---

Feel free to post back an update or some more specifics what is going on as well as any error messages you may be seeing on screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
CindyC

Re: [OS 11.0] Can't run channel. Needs to be reinstalled to the network

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I am experiencing this same issue on all channels. I have done as much troubleshooting as I was able to find (remove channels, clear cache, reset back to factory settings, update software, etc.) Internet connection is excellent. I appreciate any help.

Roku TV 5147X

TCL Model 32S301-W

Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-08

0 Kudos
PilotSky
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't Run Channel Error Message

Jump to solution

I'm running into the same issue as of 12/26.  I performed a factory reset, soft reset used a different hot spot, etc. but no luck.  I have opened a ticket with Roku Support and they advised me that the issue is under investigation, but no additional information other than that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@williamsfamily @PilotSky

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What specific channels are you experiencing this issue with? Have you already rebooted your wireless network? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
williamsfamily
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

None of the apps on our device will load. We have a TCL 40" Roku TV

This issue is with ALL of our apps despite removing them and reinstalling them. For example I just tried to open the Roku Channel and got a pop up message that says "The Roku Channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network please check your network connection and try again" however this is NOT a network connection issue its a software issue. I have done a system reset, checked for software updates and even did a factory reset which was a huge pain because I had to start all over and set everything back up. It shows our last software update was 12/31 @ 8:38pm software version 11.0.0 Build: 4193

Yes I have rebooted our wireless network SEVERAL times. Nothing is fixing it. 

0 Kudos
PilotSky
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I confirmed my channel is on 11  and I'm still getting the same error message

0 Kudos