Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrishaEnc

Re: Can't Run Channel Error Message

Jump to solution

Hello! I am also seeing the same message when I click a channel (YouTube, Netflix or Roku channel, for example.)

could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.

Model 3500x Roku stick

serial number 2LA51C026643

software version 11.0 build 4195-09

IP address 192.168.0.15

I have updated the system several times. I have removed channels, turned off the system, turned it back on and then out of the channels back but I get the same message. I also did a factory reset and added my wireless network several times.

Thank you, Trisha

0 Kudos
PilotSky
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is there any update on this issue?  Each time I talk with someone for the past couple of weeks it's been the same story, "someone is looking into it". 

No Support Tech is able to provide any additional information outside of there standard protocol answer.  It would be good to know the priority of the issue, where in the queue this reported issue stands, estimated time that this issue should be resolved; anything other than "someone is looking into it"

This doesn't seem to be the first time Roku has experience this issue.  When viewing past cases this exact same issue happened last year which required an update to be pushed out.

0 Kudos
Tabberz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have been having the same issue. I have done everything multiple times. I contacted support and got we are looking into the problem and have heard nothing since. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

@PilotSky wrote:

I confirmed my channel is on 11  and I'm still getting the same error message

Channel 11 confirms you are connecting in the 2.4 GHz wifi band which encompasses channels 1-11.

Your problem may have been caused by an update to your router which affects some Roku models. If you receive this router update it changes the router's wifi connection parameters for the 2.4 GHz wifi band from b/g/n to g/n. This has been reported for routers supplied by Comcast/xFinity, Cox, and AT&T, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's configuration controls you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Thanks to forum user @AvsGunnar for providing the links below to instructions for reconfiguring router settings for the listed internet suppliers. If you can't do this yourself, you may need to contact your internet provider to make these changes for you:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
PilotSky
Channel Surfer

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

I have an AT&T router and changed the mode from from b/g/n to g/n.  I uninstalled the app (Netflix, Youtube) and reinstalled it, but got the same error message.   I reset the network connection on the Roku TV and got the same error message.

I switch it back to b/g/n and tried the above process again with the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We're aware of an issue that was impacting a small subset of Roku TVs. Some users may have seen this error message. We believe the issue is now resolved.

If you're still seeing this issue, follow these steps to check for a system update. If you checked for a system update already, go ahead and try to do so again now.

To check for a system update, navigate to Home > Settings > System > Software update >  Check now.

If you're still seeing an error message after checking for a system update, please let us know here.

Thank you!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
williamsfamily
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YES! This resolved my issue. I had to sign back into all my apps but so far so good! Thank you for your diligence in working this issue out. 

0 Kudos
Tabberz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes this worked for me thank you 

0 Kudos
PilotSky
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's working for me as well.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Still seeing the same error message 

0 Kudos