Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeelli05

Re: Can I watch Roku on a laptop or desktop computer?

Jump to solution

Visit www.therokuchannel.com; sign in; watch.

0 Kudos
rodling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

came here just to say what a wonderful thread this was to read as someone trying to understand what roku is all about. I guess not for anyone looking for anything quick or simple.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rodling wrote:

came here just to say what a wonderful thread this was to read as someone trying to understand what roku is all about. I guess not for anyone looking for anything quick or simple.

A Roku player is extremely simple to use. There's a reason it's the most popular streaming device. Your opinion about it is not accurate.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rodling
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

then why did this question stretch to multiple pages ?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rodling wrote:

then why did this question stretch to multiple pages ?

Because sometimes answering a technical question to someone who isn't adept at technology requires slow, careful explanations. This specific topic is quite simple, but there had to be several questions answered before the correct response could be provided. The simple answer is there is no way to watch what comes from a Roku device (the HDMI output) on a computer. The Roku Channel, which is not a Roku device, can be viewed from any computer connected to the internet, including phones and tablets. 

And answering your question has now added several more posts to the thread. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.