Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Remove the "Live TV" Icon From the Home Screen?

I can Highlight the Livetv tile on the home screen and press the option * key to remove it.  But It never goes away.   I can select Hide in the system menu but it does not work either.

8 REPLIES 8
Gaucho91
Reel Rookie

Re: Can I Remove the "Live TV" Icon From the Home Screen?

I keep removing it and it keeps coming back.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Andrew-Maryland @Gaucho91,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to look into this. Could you please elaborate on the issue you're experiencing? After you have removed the "Live TV" tile, when and how does it come back?

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@RokuTakashi 

For me, the Live TV icon cannot be removed or literally pops right back up after I attempt to remove it. I hit the * key, then ‘remove channel’. Sometimes absolutely nothing happens. Sometimes, the tile goes away and then pops back up about 5 seconds later. 

Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

RE: Can I Remove the "Live TV" Icon From the Home Screen?

@Muppet0987643 @RokuTakashi 

As noted above, there are screenshots and video of this issue in the following thread:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Remove-quot-Live-TV-quot-tile-from-a-Roku-Ultra-v12-0...

0 Kudos
Arc27
Reel Rookie

For me, it's not even a tile. It's a TAB on the left of the screen under "home". There's nothing I can do to remove it other than going into the settings and "hiding" it which my child can just go and unhide without a pin code. I've had it up to here with roku making it so  difficult to manage my childrens viewing.

I spend so much energy curating a list of shows and movies I'm happy for him to watch only for him to be able to access live TV just because it's connected to the router, because it has to be, and there's nothing I can do to block the option. Why have pin codes for some parts of the menus and not others. Just make the entire thing unchangeable without a pin code, problem solved. So god  frustrated I have to find a work around or worse, spend more money to buy a different TV stick to do all this BS all over again.

0 Kudos
Arc27
Reel Rookie

@RokuTakashi Can we please get an update on this? Other users have kindly provided the information you asked for. Since my experience is the same, I'm not going to clutter up the thread with more of the same. I'd specifically like to thank @Simon_Templar for the detailed feedback. It is impossible to enforce parental controls while this feature cannot be disabled and Roku needs to remedy the situation ASAP.

Simon_Templar
Roku Guru

@Arc27 Thank you very much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to try to help. I'm just sorry that other thread went off the rails with the other (now deleted) user.