Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevHou
Channel Surfer

CNBC app with subscription suddenly stopped working

Update: See my updated post below - CNBC support said they are having an issue streaming to Roku for some reason, just started, they don't know why.

I have a CNBC Pro Live subscription and I installed the CNBC app on my Roku device over a year ago and have been using it without issues.  Suddenly yesterday when I attempt to start CNBC it goes to the loading/start screen for the app, then switches back to the Roku home screen.  I read others having this problem and tried the suggestion of uninstalling CNBC, restarting Roku device from Settings menu, then re-installing CNBC.  It works if I just use the default trial CNBC (which only allows 10 minutes viewing per day), but when I login to my CNBC account via the app, it seems to try to start but immediately switches to the Roku home screen.  I've repeated the uninstall/restart/install a number of times, and have unplugged power from the Roku device as well.  Nothing works.  

This is only occurring with CNBC, no other apps have this issue.  For what it's worth, this morning I did the 5-home, 5-back button pushes to get the latest problem issue report, but it is timestamped from yesterday, which is when I first encountered this issue.  Here is the info:

Issue report Tracker:

Model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stik

Serial Number: YF000G058541 (CT30A0058541)

Software version: 12.0.0  build 4184-55

GC Version: 9.2.45

Timestamp: 2023-05-09T15:34:40Z

Issue ID: 41-185-254

Thanks for the help,

Kevin

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: CNBC app with subscription suddenly stopped working

Hi @KevHou,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with the CNBC channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KevHou
Channel Surfer

Did the issue number I provided give any explanation as to why Roku received the report?  There must have been an issue since a report number was generated.  Can you please provide me with what the reported issue says?  Was it an authentication issue, etc?

0 Kudos
KevHou
Channel Surfer

The reason I ask for the reported problem description reported in the Report ID I provided, is there may be some information in that issue report that I can use to help with the CNBC troubleshooting when I contact them.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
KevHou
Channel Surfer

Update: CNBC support said that they are having issues with streaming their app to Roku devices right now, they are looking into it but don't know why it started.

Thanks,

Kevin

Mulder823
Reel Rookie

Thank you, This has been driving me crazy, I have emailed CNBC support several times, since yesterday. I was about to call and saw this

0 Kudos
Mulder823
Reel Rookie

It's fixed now, woohoo! just in time to witness market tank

0 Kudos
KevHou
Channel Surfer

I hear ya. While CNBC was down on Roku, and a workaround for others if this happens again, I have the CNBC app on my iPhone and it was working just fine at the same time Roku would not work. If I want to watch it on a bigger screen, I mirror my iPhone to my Roku device and watch it that way.

KevHou

0 Kudos