Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiJenkins
Channel Surfer

Re: CBS Free app not loading goes back to home

@RokuDanny-R I have 3 devices and it happens to all. I have attached photos with your requested info. It only happens on CBS with my Roku account. I click on CBS, the logo comes up. The a circle spins them it returns to the Roku home screen. IF I put any if my ROKU systems on guest mode, add CBS, it comes up with NO problem. As soon as I get out of guest mode same problem. I have attached the photos.20220811_134729.jpg

20220811_134921.jpg

20220811_135005.jpg

20220811_135045.jpg

20220811_135156.jpg

20220811_135125.jpg

20220811_135255.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @DiJenkins,

Thanks for providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
kurrymullen
Reel Rookie

same thing with me no matter what I do and its bizarre because its on multiple roku tv's in my house same problem. I just watched the cbs app at on airbnb the other night no problem. No one from roku or cbs can give me an answer. the funny thing is that paramount plus (paid subscription) works fine. but I dont want to pay for that when I have cbs through my tv provider. almost makes me wonder if they do it on purpose to make you pay for paramount plus. its the same software so why would one work and not the other.

kurrymullen
Reel Rookie

my issue is the same exact to a tee as yours. same thing multiple tv's in my house as well. did you every find a solution?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kurrymullen

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TomTort
Binge Watcher

Has this been resolved yet?  @DiJenkins has provided all of the information requested.  Many of us are having the exact same issue, they describe. 

BarbK
Binge Watcher

We have given up - we stream the CBS app from my husbands galaxy (because my Pixel will not work for this) and mirror to the roku.  

TomTort
Binge Watcher

I appreciate the work arounds however, inconvenient they are.  I am looking for a response from Roku since this is an issue between them and CBS.  To have this issue linger for multiple months is unacceptable from my point of view. 

I have unplugged my roku, i have system restarted it. i have checked for CBS app updates. I have offloaded the app and then reinstalled it

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@TomTort @BarbK @rsgillispie

Thanks for the posts.

When removing a channel, please make sure to remove the channel, restart the Roku device, then add the channel back again, specifically in that order.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos