Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcia7
Reel Rookie

Re: CBS App Does Not Work Using my Roku TV

Jump to solution

I've tried all the recommended methods to get the CBS app to play but nothing has worked. It seemed to work ok until recently. I've updated Roku, I've updated the CBS app, I've unplugged & restarted everything but I keep getting an error message for the CBS app "We're sorry an error has occurred". There is no error code or option to find a solution. Is CBS blocked on Roku now?

0 Kudos
Marcia7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm replying to my own post only because I think I fixed this problem. At least for me, I got CBS to work again by disconnecting the app from Hulu and signing up for a CBS account as if I didn't have one previously. It involved creating a new account & password and then connecting the CBS app to my streaming service (Hulu). Once that was completed CBS then let me play episodes of shows in their app. I hope this helps someone else having this same problem.

0 Kudos
Synergy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Didn't resolve issue.

Error message: a system error has occurred.

Rebooting, reset, delete channel, add channel does NOT WORK.

I have had same issue over 2 years

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thank you for your posts. We appreciate the steps you have taken.

If the issue persists, we suggest reaching out to the channel providers themselves, which, in this case, is CBS channel Support, as they are the ones who provided and maintained their channel on the Roku streaming platform. Their channel may need an update from them.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Marcia7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bummer. I had to re-sign in a few times if I watched something else on a different app or channel and then returned to the CBS app. Contacting CBS directly as recommended by a Roku rep is not an easy task. Not sure CBS would even respond to the long inquiry form you have to complete. I think Roku should do this legwork to fix this problem especially since it's been affecting numerous Roku customers over several years.

0 Kudos
bbann

Jump to solution

I have also tried all the recommended steps, rebooted the Roku, uninstalled CBS app two times and still receive the error message when attempting to watch a show. I also contacted CBS help and was basically told the app was moved to Paramount + and need to pay and use it. Not happy with that answer. 

0 Kudos
Kimberlydcoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine hasn’t been working either, it is very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
MGBon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

CBS is now Paramount App. They want customers to use and pay for CBS. CBS News App works but not regular CBS TV.  They just lost a customer.  ABC is my go-to station anyway. 

0 Kudos
Kimberlydcoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can watch it on my phone but not on my Roku so I don’t think that is the case 🤷🏼‍♀️

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for sharing the details here.

We understand that you're having issues with streaming the CBS app. We're happy to look into this.

Could you tell us when the issue started? What Roku devices are affected? Also, have you tried the troubleshooting suggested by @RokuCarly? If not, we recommend that you do so.

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.