Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J-1

Re: cbc gem error 4006 accessing live tv

Jump to solution

I tried the steps. Still not working 

0 Kudos

Re: CBC GEM error 4006 accessing live tv

Jump to solution

I am getting the error code 4006 when trying to access live TV on CBC Gem too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CBC Gem, signed out of Gem and signed back in. On-demand section in Gem works, just not the live tv. I was not trying to access live tv during the hockey game time period where there is a known black out in the service on live tv.

I have rebooted my internet and reconnected the internet. Netflix, Disney+, Pluto TV, Roku, Global (which has live TV), YesTV (which has live TV) all still work.

I have a newer Roku device (2023) that I am using that I bought at the beginning of the year because apps stopped working with my older Roku (2017).

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've made contact with CBC and a real live tech personal responded. They are aware of the issue and are "working on it." No estimate as to when it will be back up on Roku and Samsung TVs.

At least they know about and are doing sometime… hopefully will be solved soon.

dana1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have also contacted CBC to see if maybe it is their problem, but have not heard back yet

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We understand that you are encountering error 4006 when attempting to access CBC GEM Live TV, and we appreciate your diligence in reporting this. We are aware that you have taken the necessary steps to address this issue and have also notified the channel support team. It is important to note that Roku solely hosts the channel on the platform, and the channel developer teams are directly responsible for its management.

Just wanted to add troubleshooting support as well for others to look into: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We recommend continuing to work with them. Feel free to get back here and let the Community know about it.

Marking this post as a solution for visibility to all users.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Worked like a charm

0 Kudos
Dance123

Jump to solution

Just found this feed. I was looking for an answer to this too! Glad they are working on it. Also the CBC Gem live streaming doesn’t work on my laptop either. It just plays the programming that’s already on there. So it’s more than just a Roku thing. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.