Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomatogirl

CBC GEM error 4006 accessing live tv

Jump to solution

I get the error code 4006 when I try to access live tv in CBC Gem. I can access the recorded shows. Live tv works on my laptop.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: cbc gem error 4006 accessing live tv

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We understand that you are encountering error 4006 when attempting to access CBC GEM Live TV, and we appreciate your diligence in reporting this. We are aware that you have taken the necessary steps to address this issue and have also notified the channel support team. It is important to note that Roku solely hosts the channel on the platform, and the channel developer teams are directly responsible for its management.

Just wanted to add troubleshooting support as well for others to look into: How to resolve a channel playback issue

We recommend continuing to work with them. Feel free to get back here and let the Community know about it.

Marking this post as a solution for visibility to all users.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
dana1
Reel Rookie

CBC GEM not showibg live feed, error 4006

Jump to solution

for the last 2 days GEM is not working keep getting a 4006 code 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Me too, as this is new. Was able to use the CBC Gem app and watch live TV. As of yesterday, cannot. Tried many workarounds with no success.

0 Kudos
TaylorLucy000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue just the last couple of days.

I have logged off CBC Gem and logged back in, but same issue.

0 Kudos
TaylorLucy000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just found something from CBC Gem on Error Code 4006.  Has anyone else tried the procedure below:

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing with CBC Gem on your Roku TV. Error code 4006 can be frustrating, but let’s troubleshoot it together. Here are some steps you can try:

1. Remove and Reinstall CBC Gem:

• Highlight the CBC Gem channel on your Roku home screen.
    • Press the Star button on your remote to open the Options menu.
    • Select “Remove channel” and confirm.
    • Restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart.
  2. Check VPN and Wi-Fi:

• Ensure that any VPN on your device is connected to a Canadian server/IP address.
    • Verify that your Wi-Fi router is also connected to a Canadian VPN server.
  3. Reinstall CBC Gem:

• After removing the channel, reinstall CBC Gem from the Roku Channel Store.
    • Launch the app again and see if the issue persists.

If these steps don’t resolve the error, you might want to visit the Roku Community for additional assistance. 

dana1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes I have tried all that and no help, besides all the other apps like netflix work just fine so not just a ROKU problem but a ROKU CBC problem

0 Kudos
TaylorLucy000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thanks for your feedback, dana1.  I have had no luck finding anything on this Error Code 4006 on the CBC Gem site.  I'm hoping Roku can help us soon.

0 Kudos
Dskeard

Jump to solution

Same here. Have tried everything. Cannot find a solution.

0 Kudos
Seamarc

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Can’t solve it.  Tried delete and reinstall. Nothing works.  Why can’t they solve this?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sounds like a chatbot answer.

Since the error is coming from the CBC Gem app, you need to contact them.  Roku won't be able to help you.  They'll just give you the same response as the chatbot - remove the app, restart your Roku device, add the app again.

If you're using a VPN, they really won't be able to help you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.