Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FortKentDad
Reel Rookie

CANADA TV channel content

Jump to solution

What is on Canada TV channel on Roku - google does not help, just returns a host of articles about TV in Canada. Only $ .99 but very poor reviews. Just want to know if it includes CTV and other Networks  

.We have Telus Rural Satellite services - $120/month and want to get something less expensive.  Telus no longer supports Satellite Services but is letting existing customers continue.   

Just want CTV, Global and City TV - CHCH would be nice.  Is there a Canadian Network package channel on Roku?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: CANADA TV channel content

Jump to solution

Hey @FortKentDad

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @FortKentDad

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FortKentDad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

that was not helpful

I searched "Canada TV" and get lots of hits on CTV, CBC but nothing about this channel on Roku.  Adding "Canada TV on Roku" has pages about Roku Canada, but not this page, and among other pages it has a link back to your channel page where I see what I saw before,  $.99 to buy this channel and no useful information about what I'd get for my dollar.  (I'm not worried about the dollar just trying to figure this out).  I then googled up the developer.  That was a wee bit more insightful.   They have many many sites, each one with the flag of a country and the the country name with TV tagged on.  Opening their "Canada TV" page also tells me nothing of what is included in this channel.  I was able to see one video someone did on Japan TV one of the other pages by the same developer - it is simply the shopping channel in Japanese.  I guess it is like the dime store grab bag,  pay your money, open bag, throw it out.     

Does Roku make any effort to ask these "developers" to be open with your customers about what they are selling?  Is this intended only for invited guests who should know what's behind the door?  Is this a scam?    ... makes me wonder about Roku Corp. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The real Canada TV app is $1.99 you have to add the channel before you see the price. The other ones are not the real Canada TV they're fakes for 99 cents.

0 Kudos