Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmb9020

Buffering and freezing with Roku Express

I have a Roku Express SKU 3930R that continues to buffer and freeze when I am trying to watch recorded shows. I have not found any solutions beyond resetting, unplugging, or trying to reconnect.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buffering and freezing with Roku Express

Hi @cmb9020,

Warm greetings from the Roku community!

Thanks for getting in touch about this issue, and we'd like to take a closer look into it.

Could you share with us a little bit of information about this?

Let us know...

• How long have you been experiencing this issue?
  • Are you powering your device directly from a wall outlet or a USB port on your TV?
  • Is this an isolated case for a specific channel, or does it happen across the channels on the platform?

Once we have a clearer understanding of the issue you're running into, we'll be able to provide you with the appropriate next steps.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shs
Reel Rookie

Continuous buffering while watching anything on roku. My internet is high speed and works fine and have reset everything following recommended directions.  Model 3930x

S008299rxggw

this happens frequently so that it’s impossible to watch anything on roku. 

sally

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shs,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community for assistance today!

We see that you're having a buffering issue while playing content on your Roku streaming device, and we'd like to gather more information so we can understand the issue further. Is this issue happening to a particular channel, or is this happening to multiple channels? In addition, when did you first notice this issue?

Tell us more about this so we can handle things from here.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.