Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwiktune
Channel Surfer

Bring back Classic Vinyl wallpaper

Hey Roku, give us back our Classic Vinyl wallpaper or allow for custom, made themes. All your themes and other wallpapers are pretty awful, don't take this away from us

17 REPLIES 17
mark33309

Re: Bring back Classic Vinyl wallpaper

Yes! Exactly! Bring it back!

jeromo

I loved the Classic Vinyl wallpaper and am beyond frustrated that Roku seems to continuously remove and change themes and wallpapers.  I want a clean and simple look - not all the purple junky stuff they keep pushing. Why can't you just provide wallpapers and themes and let people use what they want without messing with it?  I'm seriously thinking of switching the four devices I own to something besides Roku if they can straighten this simple thing out.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

If you are referring to Roku pushing seasonal themes and wallpapers, you can disable them under the Settings/Themes menu. Then whatever you have remains in place. Naturally, if you're using a theme or screensaver that is removed for some reason, it will then of course change. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
qwiktune
Channel Surfer

No not seasonal ones, there was a wallpaper/theme called Classic Vinyl and its been completely removed from the "Store"

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

A channel could be removed for several reasons. A bug in the code might have been discovered. The images might be used without permission. The screensaver developer might decide to pull it. The vast majority of screensavers that I see available are not created by Roku, so if they are removed it might not have been under Roku's control.

Looking on my Premiere, I see there's 957 available screensavers, most not developed by Roku. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to search screensavers, and there's no apparent order to them, so I have no idea if the Classic Vinyl (or some alternate version) might still be listed somewhere in there. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
qwiktune
Channel Surfer

Well judging my the outrage (and the fact my system reverted to the red theme) i'm assuming its been pulled for whatever reason. Not sure what reason it is but I still want them to figure it out and put it back. I get what your saying, but the masses have spoken, we want Classic Vinyl themes, or at least some better (or perhaps user customizable) themes, the latter being the best option. Seems relatively simple to do since most electronics like this have a way to do it these days.

jeromo

Thanks  @dan.  I'm just grumpy about it because I've spent way more time monkeying around with themes etc. in Roku than I care to.  That's something I want to set and forget.  First, it was the issue with seasonal ones that you mentioned that took me a while to figure out, now it's the random and unexpected disappearance of my favorite theme.  This is the only product I've spent this much time dealing with such a basic UI feature.

2120SoMichigan
Channel Surfer

Why such a limited availability of wallpapers?? Had Vinyl and it evaporated - undaunted I went to pick a new one and was taken back to the 1980s with the choice and quality. HELP Roku!! you're a multi billion dollar company with what is starting to look like myopia. Do Better

I agree. I had Classic Vinyl on the Roku TV in my game room (the TV is wall-mounted above an entertainment console with phonograph and records), and it really complemented the room and decor. I just now performed a manual update and after it was finished, it reverted back to the original wallpaper. I had a feeling that it was pulled, and when I couldn’t find it, I did a quick search and here I am. 

I had it on that system for years (2+ anyway). 

I have many Roku systems, and I will say there probably were some coding issues (or updates needed for new hardware), as over the years there were at least two of my Roku models that would crash or hang up every time I tried to apply this wallpaper. 

Hopefully they will bring it back. It was different than the other fare and definitely classier. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.