Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StickUser87
Reel Rookie

Bentkey Subscription Not Recognized

Jump to solution

I bought a subscription to Bentkey through my roku stick but when I try to view the premium content it just keeps asking for my birth year and for me to create an account. I created an account but its only letting me view the free content.

I was charged for the subscription but no matter what I do I cant get it to work on Roku. If I open it on my phone it seems to work fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Bentkey Subscription Not Recognized

Jump to solution

@verneisa, you can't remove an app if you have an active subscription through Roku, although I've heard you can by using the Roku mobile app.  As for a refund, you'll have to contact support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.  Choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" option and then look for any option that might lead to an actual human.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings @StickUser87,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know how we can get you up and running. Is this your first time accessing this app? Do you see any error messages?

Please let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
StickUser87
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is my first time using the app as it was just released. I am not getting any error.

When I open the app and click on the premium content, it asks me for my birth year, then it asks me to sign into my Bentkey account. When I sign in to the Bentkey account, it only recognizes the free version of the account, and not that I have purchased the subscription through Roku.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response, @StickUser87.

As per checking, you have no subscription to this channel on your account. In this case, it will be more effective if you directly contact our account-billing team, as they are the best ones to further assist you. Visit our Account and Billing Support page and choose the "Account, payments, and subscriptions" category. There should be an option where you can talk to one of our live representatives.

If you need further clarification and assistance, let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
verneisa

Jump to solution

i too am having these same issues and have paid for the channel twice now, once with roku and once with bentkey so would like a refund on one of these as this was on the same day.  but first i'd like to get it up and running on my tv via roku.  roku doesn't give me the option to delete app. it does for other apps so not sure why..... i was going to delete and reinstall but no can do.  looking forward to your response and help please.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@verneisa, you can't remove an app if you have an active subscription through Roku, although I've heard you can by using the Roku mobile app.  As for a refund, you'll have to contact support at https://support.roku.com/contactus.  Choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" option and then look for any option that might lead to an actual human.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
verneisa

Jump to solution

removing the app and reinstalling and logging in with the bentkey login and pw seemed to make it work as it should.  thank you! and the charges are as they should be.  thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
verneisa

Jump to solution

where do i go to 'accept as a solution'?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @verneisa,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

I see that you get the ginks out with the help of @renojim. Here is how you can accept it as a solution.

To mark a message as a solution, click Accept as Solution on the reply.

If you change your mind or if another reply provides an even better answer, you can revoke the first selection and accept the second reply.

To revoke an accepted solution, click Options > Not the Solution.

You can choose another solution or leave the question unsolved.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
verneisa

Jump to solution

accept as a solution.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.