Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ad34754932
Streaming Star

Bally Sports Plus Account Holders - Delete Existing Bally Sports App Then Install Newer Version

To get access to my Bally Sports Plus I had to delete the Bally Sports App then install the new version.   All works now.  

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Snapcat
Reel Rookie

Re: Bally Sports Plus Account Holders - Delete Existing Bally Sports App Then Install Newer Version

There is no Remove App option now on the Bally Sports app. How can Roku allow an app to not have a remove option? The only options are, Move App, Move app to top, Manage subscription(thank god so I can cancel it) and Check for updates. This is Version 7 build 16. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bally Sports Plus Account Holders - Delete Existing Bally Sports App Then Install Newer Version

Hi @Snapcat,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that if you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

We hope it helps.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Snapcat
Reel Rookie

Thanks. The Bally app was showing the wrong zip code for my subscription so I couldn’t watch the local teams I paid for. It was the Bally Sports customer service agent that told me to remove the app and reinstall it to try to solve the issue. But, as you mentioned I couldn’t do that with a paid subscription active. I canceled the auto renew, but your saying I won’t be able to remove it until the remaining subscription ends. 

This means that removing the app and reinstalling it as a means of troubleshooting is not an option. Bally told me to contact Roku to find out how to remove it to try to fix the zip code issue. This is running me in circles trying to get what I paid for with no resolution. They are telling me it’s a problem with the app but I can’t reinstall the app with a subscription. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Snapcat,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Bally sports channel. What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku stream bar, Roku TV-Specify)

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos