Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roger_c
Channel Surfer

Re: BBC iplayer fault code 02056

Very sorry to hear that  ianc2020 and Steamboats52 have no luck.

All I can suggest is that mine is a stand alone 3920X that I only switch on when wanted... not a stick, if that makes a difference?

0 Kudos
Dougie1
Channel Surfer

Received from BBC this morning

————————————————————————————-

Dear  Audience Member

Thanks for getting back in contact with BBC iPlayer Support to report that you are still experiencing some trouble with iPlayer on your Roku device.

We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Roku have now released an update that should fix this issue for you and allow you to access iPlayer as expected.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Kind Regards

BBC iPlayer & BBC Sounds Support Team 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help
0 Kudos
Fedup4

Had that same email.

Still not working 

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

Yes, I  had the same email this morning from the BBC. As of now nothing has changed still get 02056 error and still have code 11.0.0 build 4193-91 which was updated last week this time, but no changes since then. I reported this to BBC again today this time using online chat system against my case number and specifically asked what version of code my device 3920-EU should be running to be fixed (or may be not). I need to know whether my curreny code is still supposed to be 'the fix' or if there has been a later version from Roku that may be hasn't been pushed out to all affected devices yet......

The other issue is whether to do what others on the forum have done and force a factory reset..... which U think one person has said was a fix and another said the 02056 error came back after the Roku auto updated. Will delay the latter I think pending further BBC feedback given the associated channel reinstalls I would likely have to do etc 

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

The problem with the BBC is their chat person/s are non technical and feedback has to be relayed to some one who is technical....all of which takes time as we are seeing.....not good.

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi roger_c,

The reason I think you may see the code as simply version 11  build 4193 with no suffix after it is because if you run the check for new s.ware that is the number shown on screen. However if you got to Settings/System/About then the screen gives a host of info but includes the current build info which includes the -93 in my case (for model 3920-EU). This suffix can differ for individual model numbers. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
ianc2020
Streaming Star

Hi I did another factory reset today on my380EU stick. Unsuccessful and time consuming. The version numbers did not change (the 'about page' shows 11.0.0 build4193-50 the check for updates page says 4193).  Factory reset appears to reload the iplayer app - but it is the same one as before ( the app opens normally but wont run content and immediately gives the error code).  The downside of factory reset is that you have to log back in to the other apps again. 

Based on past experience I am more inclined to fire off a few more emails than expect Roku to do what the say.  I think this is the third time that the BBC have been misinformed about the 'fix' by Roku.

0 Kudos
Steve704
Streaming Star

Hi, I agree totally with your findings and conclusions. Got near to factory reset today but backed off due to all the subsequent work to get my customisation back. I have specifically asked the BBC whether the code I have is the intended fix or if the fix code is still to be pushed out and if so what it's build number will be. I think we should push them for this as otherwise everyone remains in the dark.

0 Kudos
Grogerus
Channel Surfer

Got my Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max last Weds (£32.99 discounted from £54.99 under Prime then, but now back at full price). Not worth the faffing about for ROKU.

How can you be sure that ROKU has not discreetly decided to stop supporting certain streaming models? That would explain why there is no clear technical response from ROKU itself. 

0 Kudos
Dougie1
Channel Surfer

My Amazon Fire Stick being delivered tomorrow, as little confidence that this error will be fixed any time soon.  My ROKU has been fine for years, literally; disappointing that a fundamental issue seems of little or no concern in terms of a fix. Hey ho. 👋 

0 Kudos