Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris68
Streaming Star

Re: Asian Oriented Entertainment

Thanks for your reply and input @tb_atx , you seem to have expanded a bit more to clarify what I was trying to say about the Roku Channel “Live TV” app with the built in guide so that maybe a few others realize that it's not just about adding extra apps for each channel out there. They were all just offered there in the Roku “Live TV” app with a weekly menu. Although I personally miss certain channels, I failed to mention the ease of use for my much older mother who I am the principal caretaker. She can can navigate ALL the channels fairly easy on Roku's "Live TV." Although when a channel she likes disappears, it takes me a couple of days to explain that it wasn't her fault that it vanished. 😄 The TV's with Roku built in are even easier so I bought her 2 because it's so much more pleasant than trying and failing to teach her about Roku, Firestick and the multitude of apps out there. I just set her TV so that it automatically opens to "Live TV" without going through the Home Screen Menu page. I'm in the same boat as you with our Mother's @tb_atx , it's just a generational thing, “old school” as you said. Thankfully she was familiar with navigating a cable guide when we had those.... I just made Roku perform exactly the same without paying over 300$ a month. 🙄

Anyway, I can't find any "publicly available information about how it's determined either as @atc98092 mentioned. I don't think it has anything to do with a channel turning into a 100% subscription only issue either because I have a few Apps that include a "Live TV" area offering most or all of the channels that are gone from Roku.... Roku honestly just has the easiest user interface and speed. In any case I just hope eventually those channels return as well as a few others because even though I may have ALL of the apps, sometimes I just want to turn on the TV and go "Old School." 😁

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.