Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: App stop working and will not load, The CW app (not The CW Seed)

Jump to solution

I followed instructions for deleting cw but it still won’t load

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@cowindnrain 

There is a known issue currently (8/1/2022) and CW is aware and working on fix. (https://support.cwtv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000881848-Known-Issues)

----

(https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/It-keeps-kicking-me-out-a-channel-and-taking-...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
randyk71

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

not working on my either danny. no error message or anything. all other channels work fine. try to load a program and just keeps spinning. works fine on my computer which run by same internet. so why people saying mess with router is ridiculous. so have you figured out anything you can tell us danny?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@randyk71 

You should find CW working for you now as CW finished addressing some issues across various streaming devices/platforms.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Yota
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Worked for me!

0 Kudos
chino173rd

Jump to solution

CW does not work on my ROKU Computer and my iphone or says oops can not play this video

0 Kudos
natashasa2552
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the issue: Restart your Roku device: Sometimes, simply restarting your Roku device can resolve minor software glitches. Unplug your Roku device from the power source, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Allow the device to boot up completely and then try launching the CW app again. Check for app updates: Ensure that your CW app is up to date. Roku periodically releases updates for its channels and apps, including the CW app. To check for updates, navigate to the Roku home screen, go to "Settings," select "System," and then choose "System Update." After updating, try launching the CW app again. Reinstall the CW app: If the app continues to give you trouble, try removing it from your Roku device and reinstalling it. To do this, go to the Roku home screen, navigate to the CW app, press the asterisk (*) button on your remote, select "Remove Channel," and confirm the removal. Then, visit the Roku Channel Store, search for the CW app, and reinstall it. Launch the app once the installation is complete. Clear app cache and data (if available): Some apps have options to clear cache and data, which can help resolve certain issues. If the CW app has these options, you can access them by highlighting the app on the Roku home screen, pressing the asterisk (*) button on your remote, and selecting "Remove." Then, reinstall the app from the Roku Channel Store. Check your network connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to the internet and that your network connection is stable. You can test your network connection by going to "Settings" on the Roku home screen, selecting "Network," and choosing "Check Connection." If there are any issues, you may need to troubleshoot your network or contact your internet service provider for assistance. Contact CW or Roku support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be helpful to reach out to either CW or Roku support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting steps or information related to any ongoing app or service issues. Remember that these are general troubleshooting steps, and the specific steps or options may vary depending on your Roku device model and software version.

Regards,

Natasha

0 Kudos
Jimmy13

Jump to solution

Only my cw app is doing this. All my other apps are fine please help 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jimmy13,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help. Are you getting an error code or message? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
katesisco
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What a shock to read the year's worth of messages and fixes,  all the same!!  And to be told the exact same thing to fix!  

I would like to watch CW but this is not possible, as with supposed adds to the existing system across all internet sites, the original seems impervious to adjustment.  

I remember fondly the claim that one operating system would be our future and we would be updated by internet.  Which, as we have discovered, appears to be much more difficult than thought.  

Which beings me to the only solution, watch CW at your local WM and see if it is working, then purchase the working product.  Of course, the problem seems to be 'updating' which puts a big X through the original.   

The same thing happened to my Apple TV channel on Vizio after watching successfully for months, saw it disappear, never to return, after 'updating.' 

0 Kudos