Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noemi

It keeps kicking me out a channel and taking me back to the home screen

Every time I go into the CW channel it keeps kicking me out and taking me back to the Home Screen. All my other apps work just fine and my wifi is good. It’s just this channel that I’m trying to go in. I’ve tried unplugging my tv and resting it and it doesn’t work. I even removed the channel and downloaded it again to see if it works and no luck.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: It keeps kicking me out a channel and taking me back to the home screen

@Noemi 

There does seem to be a current issue with the CW channel and it is also failing to load on my Ultra 4660. (fail to load, spinning circle, return to Home Screen).

On the CW Support page (https://support.cwtv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000881848-Known-Issues), it is stated that CW is aware of this issue and working on a fix.

Click on image to enlarge.

Aug 1, 2022 known issueAug 1, 2022 known issue

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing. Just on the roku tv. On my amazon tv, it worked fine. And its just the CW app. I did everything google told me to do also, and no luck. Hopefully they get it fixed soon! 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Noemi and @tsanders0907 

The CW issue should be fixed now.  Removed from CW support site as a known issue and just tested on my device and loads fine. (https://support.cwtv.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000881848-Known-Issues)

If still having issue, either update the CW channel or Remove channel, Restart Roku device, Reinstall channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos