Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katesisco
Channel Surfer

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

What a shock to read the year's worth of messages and fixes,  all the same!!  And to be told the exact same thing to fix!  

I would like to watch CW but this is not possible, as with supposed adds to the existing system across all internet sites, the original seems impervious to adjustment.  

I remember fondly the claim that one operating system would be our future and we would be updated by internet.  Which, as we have discovered, appears to be much more difficult than thought.  

Which beings me to the only solution, watch CW at your local WM and see if it is working, then purchase the working product.  Of course, the problem seems to be 'updating' which puts a big X through the original.   

The same thing happened to my Apple TV channel on Vizio after watching successfully for months, saw it disappear, never to return, after 'updating.' 

0 Kudos
Yota
Reel Rookie

Re: CW not playing after doing removing app , restarting and adding app back

Jump to solution

On your router go to content filtering and select ‘no filtering’ - restart your router, THEN delete the CW app, restart your ROKU, add CW app back - worked for me…

0 Kudos