Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Tiles moving around on home screen overnight.

Not sure way the is happening but over the last couple of days I'll turn on my Roku Ultra and I'll find the home screen apps have a couple that have rearranged from what I had the previous day. I'll move them back to where I'm used to finding them, just to come back the next day to find another one changed again. It is also happening on another lower end Roku 480xl also doing the same thing but not always the same apps. I keep all my screens static with the apps place the same on every device. If they are rearranging themselves because of usages, then how do I get it to stop. Very annoying to not have the app I'm searching for in the same place I left it on the screen the day before and have to look for it. This is not because apps are being deleted or anything like that. Changing nothing on my end just to find 1 or 2 of them rearranged almost everyday.

Also way not offer the feature you put out some 6 months ago allowing users to change the grid from 3 apps across to 4 apps. Loved it when I could see apps on the screen at one time. Then it just went back to 3 and stay.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: App Tiles moving around on home screen overnight.

Welcome to the Roku Community, @HippieHacker!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. No worries! We'd be happy to help you find the best resolution possible. 

To disable this, navigate to your Home screen. Scroll up or down to select Settings > Home screen > App order > Manual. You may also choose your preferred 3 or 4 tiles display under Settings > Home screen > Tile size

We hope this helps! Feel free to reach out if there's anything else you'd like us to help you with.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.