Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crazywave
Channel Surfer

Anyone know how to stop the new ads on the home screen in the lower left corner

I just changed my wallpaper and now it's showing the stupid TV show ad on the bottom left. Some girl in a stupid short dress. Nice Roku, we don't need to see what's new on our wallpaper. It's on every single wallpaper now. I've tried them. Very maddening

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Crazywave
Channel Surfer

Re: Anyone know how to stop the new ads on the home screen in the lower left corner

Where is the message marked as solution, I'm not seeing how to get there?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Anyone know how to stop the new ads on the home screen in the lower left corner

@Crazywave 

Looks like an ad for a Roku Original called "Slip".  I had the original/default RokuTV wallpaper for my Insignia RokuTV and just noticed it.

It did not appear when I selected some other of my Wallpapers like Hockey, Math Theme, and the Roku Default wallpapers available for my RokuTV like Daydream or Nebula.  

Again, like the original posting, this "Slip" ad appeared when using the default Insignia RokuTV wallpaper, and the Roku default wallpapers like Purple, Graphene, and Decaf. (shows on some default wallpapers, and not others).  Seemed to also show ad on all the selected Roku default "dynamic" wallpapers as well.

Depending on your device, the availability of default wallpapers vary, but you too should be able to find a wallpaper which won't display this extra ad.  These ads are often temporary and really just used to promote something on Roku.  I understand they really bother some people, but I really do not even notice them, truthfully.  I am wondering if this ad just appeared today or if I failed to see it until you actually mentioned it.  

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Crazywave
Channel Surfer

Yeah this is the first time I've seen any ad, it's slip on mine as well. I'm using different wallpapers like sand and ocean, I had a spring one on with no ad till I changed the wallpaper now they all have an ad. Except nebula or something like that. Weird that it just started for me but the op posted back in 21. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Crazywave 

Well, these ads are not always there in the lower left.  These are usually just reserved for Roku promotions. (normally have to press the Play/Pause button on remote to interact with these ads).  It will go away eventually and then you will again have a clean screen/wallpaper until the next promotion.

Since this is the first day either of us noticed the ad, very likely "Slip" just began appearing today on devices.

2021 sounds about right when these ads first starting showing up on the Home Screen in that location in select Roku wallpapers after reading through this thread again.

Keep looking for a wallpaper if you really want this ad gone. (you will find one).  Otherwise, rest assured it will eventually go away. (at least for awhile).      

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.