Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel1234

Re: Amazon Prime video returns to Roku Home page

I am having the same problem. All other channels work perfectly but amazon prime just returns to home page. This started around 2 months ago. I did remove the channel and added it again but it keeps happening.

i have a tv with roku system in it.

0 Kudos
My67falcon
Reel Rookie

Go to TV settings and reboot the tv itself. 

0 Kudos
sevenoften
Reel Rookie

I've been having the same problems for many months now.  Removing the app, restarting the system, re-adding the app does nothing. 
To me, this says the problem is in the app. Could be that Amazon is reusing an app that is not meant to work with the Roku TV.  They need to fix it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I agree that the problem is with the Amazon Prime channel, not the Roku itself. The problem is that Amazon sells a device that is in direct competition to Roku devices (both players and TV OS versions), and they might be attempted to get customers to use their devices instead. You will never get any admission of that from Amazon, as chances are that might actually be illegal. Even though I am a huge Amazon customer on their web site, that doesn't mean I have a lot of trust in them. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
My67falcon
Reel Rookie

Did you reboot the television itself with a system restart?

0 Kudos
AtALoss
Reel Rookie

After chatting with Roku support back in April they had me change my TCL Roku TV bandwidth setting to off.   Crashes for Amazon Prime video and Netflix have stopped 

Roku go to home/settings/network/bandwidth saver/off

0 Kudos
Dori1

Yes...I have been having the same problem.  Whenever I watch something on Prime, it pops right back to the home page.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.