Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blade_005
Roku Guru

Re: Roku tv not showing the thumbnail pictures

Jump to solution

@Etaggart wrote:

I have the same issue.  It seems to happen when I exit from watching antenna.  If I launch another app and exit they come back.   Seems like a bug.  

TCL 55P605

Roku 7103X  v9.2.0 build 4502-30

I will have to try the enter another app and exit back out next time it occurs. It does not happen often, but I have found doing a SYSTEM RESTART from the Roku menu system corrects the issue.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
0 Kudos
R0ku2019

Jump to solution

Same thing here. About once a week the thumbnails stop working and I have to do a system restart. Pretty annoying for sure

dgeldred

Jump to solution

I have a LG smart Roku TV, I was having the same issue, and I just unplugged the TV waited 5 minutes and the thumbnail pics came back....surprised. Thanks for the initial input,

Don

0 Kudos
blade_005
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dgeldred wrote:

I have a LG smart Roku TV, I was having the same issue, and I just unplugged the TV waited 5 minutes and the thumbnail pics came back....surprised. Thanks for the initial input,

Don

A selection of SETTINGS - SYSTEM - POWER - SYSTEM RESTART - RESTART from the Roku OS should accomplish the same thing without having to unplug TV and wait 5 minutes.

BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
Desando3

Jump to solution

Unplugging the TV worked perfectly thank you for the  Suggestion. 

0 Kudos
ebgwd
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ditto.....  this worked for me, too.

Here's how to fix the problem (Roku TV)

Go to SETTINGS

-- SYSTEM

-- ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS

-- NETWORK CONNECTION RESET  (you have to reconnect to wireless network & password)

0 Kudos
aboysick
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've tried all of these fixes and for me they are only temporary. Eventually it comes back missing thumbnails and wording gone once again. Unbelievable that this hasn't been fixed yet and it looks this may be my last TCL/Roku TV!

0 Kudos
Jewel59

Jump to solution

Thanks! This worked for me. Awesome!!!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This Worked! Thank you so much!! I tried looking up what to do on youtube, nothing helpful, wasted time watching videos. I had already uninstalled the amazon prime video app, and reinstalled, nope. Then I unplugged. waited at least an hour, because I was busy. Unplugged the TV not the modem, just the TV. All the thumbnails on the amazon prime video are all showing now 🙂 

0 Kudos
artsmiller
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you.  I'm having the same issue and I'm going to try this.  If this works, I would suggest putting your response and others like it (unplug the TV for five minutes as it apparently forces a hard reboot/update of all tiles) as the preferred/first answer instead of Tanner D's more generic response.  

0 Kudos