Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After inatalling a channel it doesnt appear on roku

• So I am trying to add peacock tv to my roku.  I couldn't find it in the channel search so I added it though my online account. I installed it, but it still doesn't show up on the roku. 
  • I have tried reseting the roku
  • I have tried check for updated
  • But still no luck. Can anyone help?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After inatalling a channel it doesnt appear on roku

Hi @saizfamily2017,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Please be noted that not all Roku streaming devices support the Peacock TV channel. What Roku model device are you using? To help determine if your device in your country is compatible, you need to know the device model. To find this information, go to the home screen on your Roku device and select Settings > System > About.

The models below support the Peacock TV channel:
Roku 2 (4210X model only)
Roku 3 & 4 (model 4200X or later)
Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600X or later)
Roku Express/Express+ (model 3900X or later)
Roku Premiere/Premiere+ (model 3920X or later)
Roku Ultra/Ultra LT (model 4640X or later) 
Roku TV and Smart Soundbar (model 5000X or later)

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Adding to the response from @RokuMary-F ...

You can add any available channel app to your Roku account via the website, but it will only install to Roku units on which it is compatible.

A unit's channel search should only show channels it can run.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

I’m having a similar issue with Peacock. We are currently running four Roku devices. I subscribed to Peacock today, but the tile only shows on the home screen of two of the devices. On the other two, I can search for the Peacock app and launch it from my search, but there is no option to add the tile to my home screen. It plays fine on those devices, just can’t add to my Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

That's a strange one, @CrazyGuggenheim, that I've never experienced.

Note that when adding a channel it gets added to the bottom of the channel grid.

On the ones without the channel tiles, have you tried a manual channel update check?  Settings > System > System update

If still no luck, what model (and model number) Rokus are involved, both those with the channel tile and those without?  You can check on each unit via Settings > System > About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Hi makaiguy - thanks for your reply. My systems are all up to date. The two that added the tile to the home screen grid are an Ultra 4k 4800x and a TCL tv 55S515. The other two having the issue are an Ultra 4660x2 and a Premier+ 4630x. Note that Peacock runs fine on both, I just need to search for it first. Once found, it does not give me the option to "Add Channel" to home screen grid, "Check for Updates" or to even "Remove Channel" so I could try to reinstall. The only options available are:  "Go To Channel" "Manage Subscription"(meaning cancel) , "View Screenshots" "My Rating" and "Give us Feedback".  The good news is I have a reliable workaround by using the "Go To Channel" option, but it sure seems a bit buggy.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CrazyGuggenheim

Thanks for the post.

If you just added a channel to one of your devices, did you make sure to check for a system update?

For more detailed information about how to check for a system update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny - Yes, I just manually ran the update and all four say they are already up to date.  Software Version 11.5.0 Build 4312.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CrazyGuggenheim,

We want to make sure the Roku device you're using is attached to your account. Navigate to Home > Settings > System > About and ensure that the email is exactly the same as the email you use to log in at http://my.roku.com.

Let us know what you find.

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
CrazyGuggenheim
Channel Surfer

Yes, all four of my Roku devices are linked to the same email. Peacock plays fine on all of them - just missing the tile from the home grid on the 4660x2 and the 4630x and unable to add it manually (perhaps because they’re older models?)

0 Kudos