Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marnie1
Reel Rookie

Acorn Code for Vizio is requested before watching on Vizio

I have subscribed and cancelled twice because I can’t find any way to add the activation code on my Vizio tv. I contacted Acorn Support but they never addressed my problem. I have 3 tvs and one is Roku. That tv is an older tv and in a back room. Yet that is the only tv that I can view Acorn on because it has an Roku box added. And we don’t watch it as a unit, which I want to do with Acorn. Someone please tell me if watching Acorn on a smart Vizio is possible or not. Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn Code for Vizio is requested before watching on Vizio

If your subscription is through Roku, you can generally only use it on a Roku device and if it's through The Roku Channel, you can generally only use it on a Roku device through The Roku Channel and not even using their Roku app.  If you want to use a subscription on different devices, it's best to subscribe directly with the provider.  If you can manage to sign in on Acorn's website, you should be able to use those credentials anywhere.  If your subscription is through Roku, sometimes you can use your Roku account email address and the "Forgot password" option to get a password that's good for that provider.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.