Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvT4x
Reel Rookie

Mystery restarts with one channel

Roku player now restarts after I open the Soma FM channel. Why?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mystery restarts with one channel

@SvT4x 

Just installed Soma FM on an Ultra 4660 with OS 13 and playing fine with no issues.

What Roku device are you using it on and what Roku OS version? (Settings/System/About will tell you your device and what Roku OS you are using).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
SvT4x
Reel Rookie

Thanks. 4670X - Roku Ultra. OS: 13.0.0, build 24056-46.

Soma FM seems to be the only channel affected. When I go back to it after the restart, it plays fine. Just curious why Roku restarts shortly after the channel starts playing initially.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@SvT4x 

Would imagine a possible memory corruption/hold-up.

Only time I encounter a random restart on the Ultra is when leaving a channel/app that was using a lot of resources previously, so I would explore some memory related issues.

If you have a lot of channels/apps installed, possible corrupted SD card if using one, etc.  It could also just be failing to connect initially to the Soma server (spinning circle), but I have started, exited, swapped between station multiple times and haven't experienced the crash yet.

If the Soma FM channel/app plays fine after the forced restart, then the restart is clearing the cache.  Perhaps try the Remove, Restart, Reinstall procedure and see if things improves. 

Remove channel/app.  Restart the Roku device.  Reinstall the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

SvT4x
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
MaxVonMeow

Same thing. We can watch Pluto, Tubi, Netflix for hours and it never, ever reboots but 30 minutes with SOMA FM and it crashes. (4800x Roku Ultra)

0 Kudos
ivanrajkovic
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with Hisense Roku TV..

It restarts when it tries to switch to screensaver mode, which is 10 minutes in my case. After the restart it works fine.

0 Kudos
ivanrajkovic
Reel Rookie

Update from SomaFM.com webpage:

ROKU USERS: The Roku 13 update causes our app to crash when the screensaver starts up. Work-around is to turn off the screensaver mode in the Roku global settings. We will have an updated app in the next 2 weeks to fix the issue.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.