Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marsss
Binge Watcher

Re: AMC Showcase Ch 327 Mad Men Season 6 Ep 1 loop

Well, then. If you're so sure, why don't you try and solve the issue. I tried to help but all you want to do is argue. Done here. Movin' on. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Parks5150
Channel Surfer

Re: AMC Showcase Ch 327 Mad Men Season 6 Ep 1 loop

I know we've exhausted every effort to get this situation fixed already but has anyone contacted AMC Theaters?😉

I found a page (under channels & viewing) that provides links to customer support for some of their streaming channels. And they do have AMC on the list, but the link goes to AMC Theaters which we all know is not affiliated with AMC Networks. This doesn't surprise me, though. Between Mad Men and previous issues with TWD channel along with the irritating & outdated content ads we can all recite by heart, Roku appears determined to drive all their Roku AMC viewers crazy.

0 Kudos
StrideOrDie
Channel Surfer

Re: AMC Showcase channel 372 is stuck on the same episode over and over again

Heard back from Tech Support. First they asked me if I was still experiencing this issue (we’re in S3 right now so no, not yet) and then they told me to factory reset my device. Hard pass.

Sent them the link to this discussion (again) and said READ THIS. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Marsss
Binge Watcher

So they're saying everyone that has a Roku device needs to do a factory reset on their device. Some people have more than one device in their home and if only one season is experiencing the problem, it can't be the device. It's not on our end. It's on their end ... somewhere. Trouble is, you can't tell if it's coming from the AMC Showcase channel through the Roku or the Roku itself. Sure is funny that everything else works on that channel. All the other seasons, every other program series they put on ... Orphan Black, Walking Dead, Etc. but it's just one season of Mad Men that's the problem for well over a year. I thought maybe this year they've have the problem resolved. If I knew what the problem was, I'd give a suggestion but that's above my pay grade.

StrideOrDie
Channel Surfer

I have a few theories as to what the problem is (none of which are terribly difficult to fix, I'm guessing) and I shared them all with Roku Support both during my hour-long chat last week and via email during discussion about my pending ticket. I think I finally annoyed them to the point where they told me my issue was going to be escalated. I haven't heard from them since and they are no longer responding to my emails. I've spent more time bugging Roku about this than the entire length of S6 of Mad Men, I think! 🙂

dotdoc
Reel Rookie

Well, they fixed the problem of Mad Men season 6 repeating episode 6.1 over and over again for the entirety of the scheduled season 6.  AMC Showcase yanked the entire Mad Men series and replaced it with the series Snowpiercer!  Problem solved, thanks AMC/Roku!   For nothing.  I am sorry I don't have access to a sarcasm font.  I really do want to see MM season 6. 

Marsss
Binge Watcher

Ahhhh. So you're the one who got it shut down, StrideOrDie. 🤣🤣🤣  They fixed your wagon, didn't they? They were probably sittin' in the booth, fingers orange from eating Cheetos and drinkin' Dr. Pepper and cursing every time an email came in with your name on it. hahahahaha

Thanks for trying. Maybe next year when they roll this out again, they'll have fixed it. No wonder their stock price can't make it out of the basement. Seriously, your efforts are appreciated. 🍻

Marsss
Binge Watcher

I saw that.  I noticed it happened here at 9 pm (pst) on Aug 1st so I'm thinking the month was over and I'll bet they were never so happy to see it gone since they were getting slammed with emails over that stupid Season 6 looping. 😂 😂   I hope when they decide to run it again, they'll have come up with a solution. You know, I had a problem last year with a channel on the Pluto station. I emailed their tech department and they thanked me and said they'd look into it. In 20 minutes, it was up and running again. They even wrote me back, telling me it was fixed and thanking me for alerting them to the problem. They went as far as to tell me to contact them again if I ever had anymore problems.  Did I mention how much I love those tech guys over on Pluto? 😍

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.