Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marsss
Binge Watcher

Re: AMC Showcase channel 372 is stuck on the same episode over and over again

Good luck. Hope you get answers. This is beyond frustrating.

0 Kudos
howc179
Channel Surfer

there may have to be communication between roku and amc showcase as it may be some misconfiguration in the bit-data in the stream.

Marsss
Binge Watcher

Re: AMC Showcase Ch 327 Mad Men Season 6 Ep 1 loop

Still happening and frustration from others posted here. I decided to contact AMC+ Showcase. Used their troubleshooting link and created a ticket. Sent this message:

Problems viewing Channel 327 (AMC+ Showcase) through Roku device.Currently running marathon of Mad Men. All seasons run smoothly except for Season 6. The first episode runs over and over until Season 7 begins. Many have tried to reset the Roku device as advised but that's not the problem. All seasons work fine except for Season 6. Can you fix the bug in Season 6? Please? Every time you run this show, it loops Season 6 and has been doing it for over a year. Lots of complaints on in the Roku Community chat about this problem.

Will wait to see how they respond ... if they respond. This is beyond annoying now. And with so many of the same complaints, it's time to finally get this thing fixed. Deep breath, everyone. I'll update if/when I hear anything.

If you wish to submit a ticket to address this issue, here's the link to AMC+

https://support.amcplus.com/en/support/tickets/new

Marsss
Binge Watcher

I got a very nice response but there's still confusion. They think I have an AMC+ account but I responded  back that I don't have an account and that the problem is coming through Roku. Still trying to get an answer as to what the problem is. They may respond by telling me to contact Roku but if they read the link to this chat, they will see that many people have contacted Roku and that's not the issue. It's the channel or that one season that's doing this. Maybe they could reload it. I don't know but here's their reply to me earlier ....

Thank you for contacting AMC+ customer support!

We are sorry to hear you are having issues.

Unfortunately we were unable to locate your AMC+ membership under this email address.

Can you send along any alternative email addresses and usernames you might have used for AMC+?

If you are certain you used (email hidden) to sign up for AMC+, it is possible that it was mistyped upon sign up. Either way, we can certainly do some more investigating.  To enable us to further look into this, along with any alternative email addresses, could you please pass on the date and amount or a screenshot of your latest charge, the last four digits of the card used, the name as it appears on the card, expiration date, and billing address?
We look forward to your response! 

Thanks,
AMC.+ Support Team

Parks5150
Channel Surfer

Great idea and thank you for doing this. Hopefully, they'll come through, although I'm not very optimistic.  

0 Kudos
StrideOrDie
Channel Surfer

The problem is probably very easy to solve. The issue is getting anyone at Roku to care enough to do anything about it. Once S6 is over the problem goes away, as does any urgency to address it.

0 Kudos
Marsss
Binge Watcher

Got a response this morning. News isn't good. There doesn't seem to be anything they can do about it (if you are viewing AMC+ through Roku). Read for yourself. Sorry, everyone. I tried. I don't know what else to do. It's weird that all seasons run okay until you get to Season 6 and then the problem begins. Definitely a bug in that season. Here's the response from AMC+ today. I appreciate them for reaching out, though.

AMC+ is available as an add on channel on Roku Channels. When you sign up this way, there are a few key differences:
_
Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,
AMC+ Support Team
StrideOrDie
Channel Surfer

But this has nothing to do with AMC+…it’s an “AMC Showcase” live channel on Roku Channels. No subscription to anything is needed. I’m watching Mad Men on my Roku Device, via the Roku Channel. Tech support is confused as to what the problem is.

0 Kudos
Marsss
Binge Watcher

Yes. That's been conveyed in previous correspondence with them. It can't be the channel itself that is having the problem since all seasons work fine except Season 6 and the problem has been ongoing for over a year. At this point, I give up. If anyone else can think of a way to correct this problem or knows who to contact that can fix it, have it a go. 🙂

StrideOrDie
Channel Surfer

It definitely can be the channel. If it was erroneously programmed to show episode 1 for the entire season and no one cares to fix it, the problem will continue. This is so low priority for Roku that it’s easier and cheaper for them to ignore it and/or post something here telling us it’s fixed…even though it isn’t.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.