Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gener8orMax
Reel Rookie

ALL Apple Apps have stopped working (suspected as per 1/1/24)

I have a 3940EU - Roku Express 4K with Software version 12.5.0 • Build 4178-CR

All Apple Apps have stopped working this week. I have tried restarting the channels, restarting the Roku, deleting and re-downloading the channels. The behaviour is as follows:

• Apple TV: welcome Screen showing, then freezing with loading ring after selecting "register/login"
  • Apple Music: logo screen showing, then stuck right there
  • Apple AirPlay: Sharing a screen e.g. from the iPhone works fine but
    Apple Fitness+ trainings via AirPlay won't load/show - with a weird error message on the iPhone "the video is currently not available"

I also tried to change all of the audio/video settings (from automatic to specifics, e.g. 4K, 1080p, ...) but no luck.

My suspicion is that something has changed on January 1st, 2024. Maybe some keys or certificates expired or - could it be that Apple has pulled support/licensing for its content for Roku alltogether?

I am in Austria/Europe.

All other channels work perfectly fine, e.g. Netflix, Red Bull TV, ...

Anyone else experiencing these issues? Any ideas? Thank you, community!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ALL Apple Apps have stopped working (suspected as per 1/1/24)

Hello! @Gener8orMax,

We're thrilled to have you with us from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gener8orMax
Reel Rookie

Re: ALL Apple Apps have stopped working (suspected as per 1/1/24)

Hello everybody,

I reached out via Chat to Roku Support today and Patrick from the support team advised me to completely reset the Roku via the Reset-Button holding it down for 30 seconds (not just 10 seconds until it restarts). This triggered a complete reset of the Roku, consequently I set it up from scratch and now the Apple Apps work fine again. I tested Apple TV+ as well as Apple Fitness+ via AirPlay. Didn't test Apple Music yet but suspect it will work fine, too.

--> Problem solved.

Kind regards to all of you here in the community.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.