Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PamMack
Reel Rookie

A&E channel loads then crashes

I have been having problems with the A&E channel loading.  It acts like it's going to load then immediately goes back to home screen. I have tried updating channel, resetting Roku and deleting channel and adding it back.  Nothing worked anyone else having this problem.  I watch this channel a lot so upset it hasn't worked for so long.

4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: A&E channel loads then crashes

Hi @PamMack

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PamMack
Reel Rookie

Yes I did restart the Roku before I added channel back it didn't make a difference so then I removed the channel again, reset Roku my modem and then added channel still no difference. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@PamMack

Thanks for the reply.

Have you checked other channels if the same issue occurs? Please also reply here with the model number of your Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PamMack
Reel Rookie

Yes I have checked other channels, A&E and History channels seem to both be doing the same thing. Loads them a second later goes back to home screen. I don't watch History Channel much so I didn't know that one wasn't working.  All other channels I have seem fine except those 2. The model number of my Roku is 381ORW-Roku Streaming Stick +.Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.