Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peacefulkancer
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

@Risaw wrote:

This is definitely a Roku issue.

YTTV is freezing on non-Roku devices though so it isnt a Roku specific issue.

0 Kudos
dumbdude

Youtube TV freezing after 5-7 mins

Jump to solution

youtubetv picture freezes after 5-7 minutes have to re-launch the app, then 5 min later picture freezes. I tried removing the app from the home page and when i went to add channel youtubetv it did not exist even after manually typing in the channel. Problem has existed since the update, you've really screwed the pooch with this one.

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I agree that this is not just a Roku problem. I was just on YTT chat help, but that was worthless. 
My freezing up is now only limited to the  first time on go on the app; it “thaws” after about 3 minutes. But it happens every time I change to another channel. 

0 Kudos
Oly72

Jump to solution

One temporary workaround is to use YouTubeTV app on your phone and mirror it through Roku 

0 Kudos
Strat335

Jump to solution

Still happening not Sunday morning. Could be a bad NFL day🙁

0 Kudos
Oly72

Jump to solution

Did you try mirroring it to your tv through app on your phone?  That worked just fine 

Ramtrol
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YouTube TV same thing as you

"picture freezes after 5-7 minutes have to re-launch the app, then 5 min later picture freezes without the buffering indicator arrows"!

I found sometimes if you just leave it sit, the program will continue after about 5 min. on my Roku TV   and all three of my Roku devices

1- Roku TV 8624X 

Software Ver. 10.5.0  build 4201-63

device ID K9700L248107

also have 3-Roku Devices Model 3930X with same issues.

0 Kudos
JohnTR
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Streaming YouTube TV stops on four devices of various Roku appliances (Roku TV, box, wireless, and Soundbar) since the update. I get an "HDCP error detected" screen that passes so fact that I had to take a picture of it! I did the recommended fix to no avail on all three TVs. I have two wireless router systems (5G and non-5G) and switching from one to the other doesn't seem to help. Everything worked fine until the update. Seems to be an update problem. Pretty frustrating. Roku needs a fix on this from the update, or as suggested below, roll everyone back to the earlier system control.

bmoss706
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You can also mirror from a laptop running Chrome and logged into YouTube TV. The interface is the same as Roku TV unlike the Android app interface.

0 Kudos
poorstream
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  I understand the work around.  But, I paid for Roku sticks and Roku television set, then monthly for YTTV so I would not have to find work arounds and do mirroring.

Hopefully YTTV fixes this. 

0 Kudos