Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

Thinking of getting the chrome cast with Google tv. It’s on sale right now

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Incidentally the chat agent bailed out on our chat.  I was not being rude or anything.  I just wanted to know why they did this, was it not tested and what they were going to do to fix it.

Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is what was sent via email.  As I mentioned the agent disconnected and left the chat 

Hello Carl,

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. This is a follow-up to the chat session that you had with us earlier.

As an alternative, YouTube TV can also currently be accessed by going to the YouTube channel on your Roku device and then selecting "YouTube TV" in the bottom left hand selection. You will then be able to sign in to your YouTube TV account to view the same content and feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for choosing Roku. Have a good day!

Regards,
Sourav
Roku Customer Support

0 Kudos
TarHeelBob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same problem now occurring with YouTube as well, so workaround is ineffective. Is anyone having this problem on a Mac or PC?

tarheelfob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just got off a chat with Support. Supposedly they are aware of the situation and have people working on it. No ETA was given. Here’s hoping they fix it. I might still get a Chromecast just to be safe. Can’t miss football this weekend. Plus, given the whole thing with Roku & Google, might just be safe to have an alternative. YouTube TV is owned by Google so I’m thinking it should be a safe play 

0 Kudos
Carlking2ck
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah I started getting screen freezes via YouTube also.  That was their work around.  Going to pickup a couple fire sticks in the morning.  I have absolutely no confidence that this is any sort of priority for them. 

0 Kudos
gregmann27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Believe this is actually a YouTubeTV problem.  I was using a new Chromecast this morning and it happened on there...only worse cause I couldn't even back and get back in.  Quick chat with YouTubeTV support and they said they are aware of the problem and working on a solution but no ETA.  

0 Kudos
Bamjc10

Jump to solution

We were dealing with this issue last night (11/19), and was hoping it would have been resolved by this morning (11/20). However, upon opening the YouTubeTV app and watching for all of about 3 minutes the show froze. This persisted to happen and to try and fix it each time we closed the app, deleted it, re-downloaded it, restarted the TV, but none of it helped. Super frustrating. 

Tony12
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I made the mistake of removing the youtube app and then trying to reinstall. It is no longer available because the technology overlords can't get their working collaboration acts together. I then did access regular youtube scrolled foe to youtube tv (this is a real pain in the ass) . However, the same freezing occurs. So, bottom line, this workaround doesn't work. I put on order several Amazon firesticks.

Given that yourtube tv no longer supports youtube tv I dont expect any fix for this to be forthcoming.

0 Kudos
Hwc6838
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got tired of all the freezing and brought Amazon Fire Cube tv and that ended all the freezing, now no issues what so ever.  Didn’t want to buy another device, but app on Roku is now a pain in the **bleep**.

0 Kudos