Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sglas1
Reel Rookie

Yellowstone Season 5 - Problem, Explanation, Problem

Like many, I was having trouble finding Yellowstone Season 5.  After much consternation, I came across this great article that offers and in-depth explanation as to what's going on.

https://www.cnet.com/news/want-to-watch-yellowstone-season-5-dont-look-for-it-on-paramount-plus/

This brings me to my new problem.  If you read the article (which I highly recommend), you will come to understand that you can only watch season 5 if you subscribe to one of the "Paramount Network" paid TV or streaming providers.

I subscribe to YouTube TV which is an approved paid provider.  However, when I try to follow the path to prove that I have a subscription to YouTube TV (username and password), once I click on YouTube TV as my provider, it will not accept the credentials that I put in.  I get an error message that says, "Error 403 - too many attempts", and I am locked out.  Further, it says that I can try again in "a week".  This is Bull****!

So, can anyone at Roku help me (and possibly others) fix this problem to where I can successfully enter my YouTube TV credentials as requested by Paramount Network so I can watch Yellowstone Season 5, and get on with my life??

Bottom line, this is very unethical what Paramount+ is doing.  This is a classic bait & switch technique.  They are getting people to sign up for the "paid" Paramount+ service (thinking they will be able to watch Yellowstone) all the while knowing that will never happen for them.  Paramount should somehow make it clear that new subscribers to Paramount+ will not be able to watch Yellowstone Season 5 before they sign up.

Paramount, you should be ashamed. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Yellowstone Season 5 - Problem, Explanation, Problem

Have you tried accessing Paramount WITHIN your YouTubeTV account rather than through Paramount's own app?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sglas1
Reel Rookie

Re: Yellowstone Season 5 - Problem, Explanation, Problem

Hi and thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have tried that.  Unfortunately, that is the 2nd problem listed in my original post.  I am not able to authenticate my YouTube TV subscription while trying to log into Paramount Network.  Interestingly though, I am able to successfully log into the Paramount Network app.

Thanks again,

0 Kudos