Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The Weather Channel Passwords

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
burleywright
Reel Rookie

I just sent the following to help@streamtwc.com on June 24, 2022

When I attempt to log into www.streamtwc.com after entering my email address and one-time passcode I get the message

"Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)."

This happens in Chrome on a Chromebook, Chrome in Windows, Microsoft Edge, Chrome on my iPhone and Safari on my iPhone.

The Chrome console says this:

image.png

The reason I need to log into   www.streamtwc.com  in the first place is to change my password to a short password because the Weather Channel app on all my Roku devices requires that I log in every single time I launch the app unlike other apps which remember me on a particular device. 

If a login is required every time the app is launched you will lose subscribers including me if this isn't resolved in a reasonable time. It appears that this app was rushed into production without adequate testing.

I like having the Weather Channel available to stream but the current situation is unacceptable. Please forward this information to whoever can fix this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@burleywright

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous reply regarding steps channel authentication with that channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
burleywright
Reel Rookie

Fingers crossed, I've launched TWC app several times on a couple of Rokus without having to log in, maybe they've fixed it.

0 Kudos