Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nyla785

Small figure in lower right corner talking w/o audio when watching MSNBC shows.

Jump to solution

When I watch MSNBC on Youtube, a man talking (without sound) appears in the lower righthand corner of the screen, on top of the MSNBC name and logo. Why am I getting this? Who is he? and why is he there when I'm trying to watch shows?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Small figure in lower right corner talking w/o audio when watching MSNBC shows.

Jump to solution

@Nyla785

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Small figure in lower right corner talking w/o audio when watching MSNBC shows.

Jump to solution

@Nyla785

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GaryH

Jump to solution

I'm getting this now and I hate it.  How do I get it removed.  I'm not findinging any answers on line.  This figure is showing up on ALL youtube videos I watch now.

Gary Hunt

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GaryH

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I AM still watching MSNBC. I just cover up that part of the screen. Love Rachel and her colleagues' s shows.

0 Kudos
Welbesjj

Jump to solution

You are not alone...I hate that too it's SO annoying. One time I thought he was doing sign language but it could've just been him gesticulating. Then I thought maybe they are there for people who can read lips.

It's just bizarre that it is only on MSNBC on YouTube....

0 Kudos
l0ract65

Jump to solution

It's also on CNN.

0 Kudos
RichBeck

Jump to solution

So here is your answer. You are watching a bootleg unauthorized replay of MSNBC shows on this guy's channel -the channel owner's name is NITEAN KHMER and besides the 'front of the show' commercials that he makes money from you clicking on his you tube channel - the Rachael Maddow show or whatever is uncut without network commercials. So he is recording them and then putting them up on You Tube.

Hit 'pause' and you will se what channel you really are watching and you will see that name as his channel "NITEAN KHMER". That is why no one knows what you mean or think it must be sign language - what it is is a running video of someone doing a podcast or internet call-in show (he has a big microphone in front of him) that yes has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the MSNBC show you are watching.

Why? It seems to be for one purpose only - to cover up the MSNBC logo completely in the lower right corner. Something to do with it being a bootleg unauthorized rebroadcast of the news show and not wanting it to be caught by AI. That is it - it is meaningless irrelevant thing covering up the news channel's logo whether it be MSNBC or CNN on the screen. Yes it has nothing to do with the content you are watching. and yes it is not sign language or anything like that You are welcome.

Jay12
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

He's  on fire stick too. However he is not on my laptop nor phone. Hes on MSNBC and CNN. I did report him to the producer of MSNBC, but hes still there. I'm beginning to think he can spy on me. Solution  I use is to use the FORMAT on my TV remote and enlarge the picture. He gets cut off. This has to be illegal,  however,  I bet the stations don't see him because he's  just on Firestick and Roku. Something  should be done.

Jump to solution

Hurrah! Finally someone has taken the time & effort to explain this weird phenomenon.  Thank you!