Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Williamst

Ad volume stupid loud needs to stop on roku channel

Something needs to be done about the roku channel ad volume its is way too loud. Or i suppose i can chose not to watch it. Turn volume up to watch a show but have to stay on the remote when the ads come on is ridiculous. Dont mind the ads just the volume they are broadcast at.

2 REPLIES 2
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Ad volume stupid loud needs to stop on roku channel

Have you tried turning on volume leveling in your TV's audio setup?

0 Kudos
TripodBob38
Binge Watcher

Re: Ad volume stupid loud needs to stop on roku channel

This is a violation of the Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act. (CALM Act)
Public Law 111-311.

So far the ROKU Channel has blown the speakers out one TV and two sound bars even with the volume leveling turned on.  You have to set the volume to 100% for the content, then an ad comes on at 4-5 times louder than the content.  The volume leveling does not respond quick enough to prevent damage.  The ads blast across the entire house with the volume at 30% or less, then the program content is completely inaudible at 30%.

Luckily the manufacturer of the sound bar replaced the sound bar under warranty in exchange for my permission to pursue a complaint with the FCC.

Roku Premiere+ (4630 series)